The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one of these. I am currently waiting for a quote and would like to hear how they are going. Good and bad.

Richard

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a T8 275 had it since jan and got about 440hrs on it, I'm quite enjoying it, it's quite, I was worried about the ad blue but I'm currently getting 3 tanks of fuel to one ad blue. You get a good view your nearly as high as a artic. It pulls like a donkey.

·
Registered
121 Posts
while the on the subject of new tractors ,are 7060 new holland any good ,
dealer is trying to sell me one instead of a secondhand tvt170

·
Registered
38 Posts
smythricky have a T8.275 (180hrs) , have only used it for spraying. Some minor problems all electrical, new handpiece as the upward gear button sort of worked, 1st hydraulic remote errorred out and could not use, has since recticfied itself for how long I don't know. belt that runs the alternator spat itself to pieces the second one is on its way out, hopefully we have this nearly sorted. Have an error alarm that comes on occassionally indicating problems with the adblue injector system yet to solve this one.
Traded a TG230 in on this tractor to get away from all these type of problems, great plan that was.
Other then those things great tractor, the wide bonnet is a backward step from the previous models in my opinion.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've spat two fan belts, fount that the idler under the air comp was on the piss, nh assist had the fix under squeaky belt, had fuel gauge play tricks twice and I've ran out twice.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finished up buying a fendt. Have have it since march with 350 hrs trouble free other than a software update.

Very glad I bought it over my other choices.

·
Registered
172 Posts

the T7060 is 10 times the machine the TVT will ever be, even if you dont buy the T7060 dont buy the TVT unless you have a fat cheque book!

·
Registered
181 Posts

Have had a T7060 (auto command) since last sep and has 950 hours on it. Absolutely love it and is very comfy and quiet. Had to have the dash replaced when we first had it because it was clocking up hours like wild fire but has been fixed now. recently our dealer did a recall on the drive shaft for all the tractors he sold in that model ( not sure if any other dealers have). But for us has been a great spray, spreading and hay making tractor but its still early days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have a pair of T8.390's and they performed pretty good but we got six hydralic remotes and the joystick being standard to run 3-6 is deffinately dumb and is a step backwards the handpiece is handy but i could deffinately have designed it Alot better.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John Deere and New Holland. Case briefly but I didnt price them. Nothing else has a dealer close by.

Richard.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have had a T7060 (auto command) since last sep and has 950 hours on it. Absolutely love it and is very comfy and quiet. Had to have the dash replaced when we first had it because it was clocking up hours like wild fire but has been fixed now. recently our dealer did a recall on the drive shaft for all the tractors he sold in that model ( not sure if any other dealers have). But for us has been a great spray, spreading and hay making tractor but its still early days.

well i took the 7060 for a drive ,i love the auto command trans ,and 1550rpm at 50kmh

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes we have a 8.390 smythricky it has just on 1000hrs on it and it has been used i can tell you. the cab is good layout i feel once you get used to the new contoller the only problem is you cant adjust the rear window latch to seal the dust out. hydraulics have been great heaps of flow, ride is good. steering circle is incredible. horsepower is real good and it hangs on well, we have found it using about 16%more fuel then the mx340 doing the same job plus add blue does make it a little dearer to run. overall very impressed with the tractor doing everything that is asked of it. will be getting a real work out soon with a 12mtr centre buster so will see how it handles that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
r&k hows the adblue consumption on your T8? We are getting a T8.360 shortly, be interesting to see how it goes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As I said earley I have T 8 275 and the ad blue is running at around 7% seems to use less the harder you work it my previous tractor was a lot smaller and so was the boom but I'm using a lot less fuel per ha than before. Still having fuel gauge issues and last week the idler that holds the fan belt busted and went through the fan, not the same idler that caused the other belt issues earlier. The issue was is that I couldn't get a idler to fit because it's been superceded already and the aligning Dow is to small to accept the new idler. the housing has to be machined to accepte the new idler. If your idler arm has the square for loosening in the middle not the end were the pully is watch out. Lucky didn't loose radiator and lots else when fan exploded. I'm not to ****ty about the brake down, it's comes with owning machinary but not being able to get parts sucks. We had to pillage a new tractor to get going. Just something to watch.
Tango

1 - 20 of 71 Posts