The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yup stay away from the tvt, been there done that!!
the T70xxseries is an all round better machine

T8's are NA built, not "Made in England". Electronically, the T8's are far supierior. You cant compare a T7 to a T8, totally different frames, power, etc......

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have a pair of T8.390's and they performed pretty good but we got six hydralic remotes and the joystick being standard to run 3-6 is deffinately dumb and is a step backwards the handpiece is handy but i could deffinately have designed it Alot better.
I will second that the joystick running number 4,5 & 6 remotes is definately a dumb idea at least for what I do. Overall a nice tractor but would not say the design is an improvement over the old T8 and TGs with respect to,
ease of learning to drive for the uniniated, that nuetral button on the end of the forward/reverse lever is a trap for begginners as against the older T8s and TGs.
The handpiece is nice but not great,
I have a front end loader on mine as I did on my old TG230, I made the mistake of assumming the new tractor would be similar with a front end loader as the old. If I had of sat in this new tractor with the loader before buying I would never have bought it because you cannot see what you are doing because of the wide bonnet, which the TGs don't have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
wow 8% im glad ours isnt running that high as it already using more fuel then the case, got to have a win somewhere i suppose. On a bad note though we have just dropped the lower clutch packs in the trans according to the dealer, im concerned it mite be more then clutch packs as the filter is full of steel.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Filter full of metal is not good, it may of come from the lower clutch but were has it gone?? The pump has eaten it for it to get to the filter for a start, what happens if the filter bypassed on restriction?

Madsnake

·
Super Moderator
1,450 Posts
wow 8% im glad ours isnt running that high as it already using more fuel then the case, got to have a win somewhere i suppose. On a bad note though we have just dropped the lower clutch packs in the trans according to the dealer, im concerned it mite be more then clutch packs as the filter is full of steel.
What do you use it for?

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes its not good but i guess will have to wait and see what its like when its split, we use it for varied taskes it has done a far amount of work on an 8 mtr mulcher and was doing rowcrop ground prep when it stopped. whilst on the mulcher it was running very close to 100 engine load 24hr a day. normal in 9th or 10th gear so mid clutch pack for most of the day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah we feel 8 % is high to, we were told it would use 5% max before we bought it. have done just over 700hrs since april. Interesting to here it is using more fuel than your case, i throught(have been told many atime by nh) that with ad-blue it is more efficient.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes we were told the same thing. we were running the 2 side by side same field same conditions and monitoring the fuel closely and yes it was using more, we then swapped the drivers to see if it was something they were doing and no difference. we are still very happy with the performance and the tractor overall hopefully this trans issue will be soreted and not happen again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my opion i was dissapointed with the transimission in the t8 it is very rough shifting escpecially between (12-13) I think CNH could have sorted the porgramming with this gearbox. Or is this a tatic from CNH to justify the price differance over the Magnum. I also think T8 is finished porly.
On the ad-blue side of things , Why would you buy a SCR tractor when Deere are offering a single fluid solution (disel) or in AUS JDL. have provided customers with a Tier2 option. At the end of the day you have to remember "you get what you pay for" Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
i personally thought the shift in the 390 was super smooth, the finish is ok not great but really the only complaint was the rear window seal. As for you get what you pay for i would love to agree with you but im sorry to say after being a john deere customer for a long time it has become an unviable proposition to own a john deere where i am as the service is just plain s**t. the add blue isnt an issue as john deere are going to add green in about 6 months here in aus. they will all en up the with the same in 2 years anyway addblue(green) and def to meet emmisions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On our T7000 series tractors you can calibrate the transmission. The dealer mechanic did this for me when he was out at the farm because I mentioned to him the same thing about the shift from 12-13. After that it was much smoother. I would think you could do the same thing in your tractor...

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
In my opion i was dissapointed with the transimission in the t8 it is very rough shifting escpecially between (12-13) I think CNH could have sorted the porgramming with this gearbox. Or is this a tatic from CNH to justify the price differance over the Magnum. I also think T8 is finished porly.
On the ad-blue side of things , Why would you buy a SCR tractor when Deere are offering a single fluid solution (disel) or in AUS JDL. have provided customers with a Tier2 option. At the end of the day you have to remember "you get what you pay for" Good luck
Mate sounds like you need a trans cal done. Have a 260 magnum was great shifting till 400 hrs started to get rough on the range change 12-13 shift. I performed a trans cal when finishing up one night with trans nice and warm, shifts like new.

Madsnake

·
Registered
549 Posts
In our situation it had something to do with the $25k price difference between Deere and NH, it should buy us a lifetime's supply of adblue.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Adblue isn't exactly a hard thing to remember to do. I bought a fendt instead of JD and the fuel savings alone are worth it. Cheaper to run including the adblue. Also lack of service here and a very poor reliability record on Deere for us is reason I personally won't buy JD for a very long time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
update on the clutch issue and it has completly destroyed the clutch pack. they are replacing many a part now from clutch to pumps, i have since learnt that it could possibly be a driver error which isnt making me happy but i learnt that one driver was riding the clutch to turn instead of slowing the revs or lowering the gear i nearly choked them when i found out. so not a new holland problem so will be expensive im thinking.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I spoke with our NH dealer and he told me that New Holland would have the new T8 tractors next year. They say that there are still some issues with T8.360 and 8.390.
Did you hear about it?

·
Registered
549 Posts
7.5% adblue consumption on the first lot of work with T8.360. Heavy work, 100% load, only 20 hours on the clock.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts