The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
In my opion i was dissapointed with the transimission in the t8 it is very rough shifting escpecially between (12-13) I think CNH could have sorted the porgramming with this gearbox. Or is this a tatic from CNH to justify the price differance over the Magnum. I also think T8 is finished porly.
On the ad-blue side of things , Why would you buy a SCR tractor when Deere are offering a single fluid solution (disel) or in AUS JDL. have provided customers with a Tier2 option. At the end of the day you have to remember "you get what you pay for" Good luck

I dont know what it is with NH and 12-13 gear changes, even though the t7 and t8s have completely different transmissions the changes are generally poor between 12-13, if you get the trans hot and calibrate it they normally get much better, as far as the adblue goes i think it is far superior to EGR, yes it is a hassle having two tanks but you always make sure you dont run out of diesel and its the same with the adblue, our guys top up the DEF tank every 2nd or 3rd fill of diesel, the tank is beside the diesel tank so its not really that much of an issue, i think John Deere are flogging a dead horse with EGR, i dont see the point in catching the carbon then burning it out where it ends up in the atmosphere anyway, the temprature also concerns me, i would much rather have a cooler running machine than one that reaches 1300 degrees when burning out the catalyst, it sounds very expensive long term

·
Registered
29 Posts
The new T8.420 was very impressive to look at with the new CNH front axle and new 420/85 x 38 front tire size. Biggest tires yet on the front of a FWA tractor.
The FRONT tires were olmost as tall as I am.

Mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have a few hundred hours on our T8.390 and have had a front diff failure and some contamination somehow got into a shift pack that stopped the trans from shifting properly. Required a complete transmission teardown.
Our dealer had been great and kept us going with a new tractor. Like any new tractor I would want a warranty till you know the bugs are out.

The cab is the best part of the tractor. Looking forward to the new CVT trans.

Mark

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi quys,
have you had any new experience of a new T8 New Holland? Any issues?
Our dealer hasn´t sold too many these traktors in our area yet:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now having 1600 hrs on my T8.275, and knowing what I do now I should have gone and bought the same tractor at case without the adblue system. The adblue system has been the major issue, I hope but doubt we have solved most of these problems. The NH dealer has been great in responding each time. NH even extended the warranty to give me some peace of mind In my opinion these T8 tractors need time to sort all these issues out. The next generation hopefully will be more reliable. It is a great tractor to drive and operate, but it is the most unreliable tractor I have ever owned and hope to never own another tractor as unreliable as this T8 has been.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I loved mine till last week the blower quit so no ac the it rubb a hole in the fuel tank and went on fire . Then 6 hour to Chang the fan belt after that

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had my T8 275 1200hrs and is nearly 18month old. Not one issue with adblue had a great run with it, not a issue in amount used. Main use of tractor is spraying and 3pl spreader. Cab comfort is great and linkage and front suspension awesome. I don't have cab suspension. Question would you by again ??? No, and for someone that is all blue and yellow I think a colour change could be in order. I got a Friday built tractor. Yes the long warrantee is great because your going to need it. Dealer doing their best, you can't prevent this stuff. Can't believe what's not covered. No oil loss, no coolant loss. I know I sound nit picky but 15hrs after I got it idler went through fan, faulty from new.i get to pay for labour, coolant and belt. Yippee. Currently I'm over 1000l of hydralic closer to 1200l on the ground. Every two days it's back into the dealer for diff leaks , brake leakes, hydralic seals, remote couplers that blow out. Also if it's to much to work to make a fuel gauge work. I know a stick works but so dose my fuel gauge work in a 30year old little 574 inter. Sorry for the rant. That's just my experience, heaps more happend that these few.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had my T8 275 1200hrs and is nearly 18month old. Not one issue with adblue had a great run with it, not a issue in amount used. Main use of tractor is spraying and 3pl spreader. Cab comfort is great and linkage and front suspension awesome. I don't have cab suspension. Question would you by again ??? No, and for someone that is all blue and yellow I think a colour change could be in order. I got a Friday built tractor. Yes the long warrantee is great because your going to need it. Dealer doing their best, you can't prevent this stuff. Can't believe what's not covered. No oil loss, no coolant loss. I know I sound nit picky but 15hrs after I got it idler went through fan, faulty from new.i get to pay for labour, coolant and belt. Yippee. Currently I'm over 1000l of hydralic closer to 1200l on the ground. Every two days it's back into the dealer for diff leaks , brake leakes, hydralic seals, remote couplers that blow out. Also if it's to much to work to make a fuel gauge work. I know a stick works but so dose my fuel gauge work in a 30year old little 574 inter. Sorry for the rant. That's just my experience, heaps more happend that these few.
Tango I thought I was the only one that had the Friday built T8.275 tractor the Adblue system has been the thing that has annoyed me the most. But there have been a multitude of other problems such as oil leaks, fans belts failing regularly, hydraulic remotes not working, airconditoner problems, hydraulic hoses to the front suspension rubbing through, wiring under the cabin rubbing through in three different places. There have been so many things that I cannot recall most of them. But like I said before great dealer support, great tractor to drive and operate, but it cannot be relied on. Are other brands any better?

·
Registered
230 Posts
If mine had burned I would have bought another I love the tractor but the only think mine don't have is the Lethe seet one of the comfort tractors I have driven

·
Registered
85 Posts
Farmer two bob. That's my biggest trouble we contract spread urea and every rain it's back to the dealer. New holland arnt interested and I'm at the point if you can't trust it I know it will let me down properly out of warentee.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've run our leased T8.390 since last fall. Only problem I'm having now is PTO fault code keeps coming up even though I'm not using the PTO. They haven't came out to look at it yet. Other than that, it's been trouble free just like the T8020 we let go last fall for this one. I figured when we got this newer tractor that I would hate the new joystick setup with all the buttons. Once I got on to it I wouldn't trade it. Only thing they need to do is add a PTO button to the joystick for grain cart use, and I wish they'd put another button to toggle between your set field speed, and a set slower speed for turns and ditches when you use the GSM. That way everything you need would be on the stick.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I got a bad one. Got mates with bigger ones that are having a great run except fuel gauge. Gsm. Good if you can use it. I spray at 22-24k gsm don't work above 20.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
You folks need to get on dealers arse, has dealer submitted a assist or escalated it? dealer has to do this, Racine needs to have this brought to there attension, assist leaves a little to be desired, have service manager ask to call dealer, bet you will get someones attension, Scott.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts