The Combine Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Scott I didn't come on here to sound like a whinger but I'm having one of those runs, oil leaks every two days. Back to dealer. My service is my dealer. They try, seen area rep and now joy or even concern. You can tell by my photo that I'm a bit one colour but I think soon the colours are a changing. New Hollands approach is. Haven't heard of that, or no one else has had that. I do know of one t8 that a hay contractor had that disappeared and he is now having a good run with another one. Don't know what to do. But I have a 1300hr tractor that I wish i hadn't seen and wish I had my 8920 magnum back. Needed bigger linkage. I think dealers and companies just like to sell now. Warrantee covers a lot,but after first year if it doesn't amount to a certain number they don't want to know. Had a gasket on trans let go last week $240 part.installed wrong from new. Dropped all oil on ground. Had to remove wheel and lots of other goodies to fix. Not covered by warentee part wasn't $ enough. All new oil again 3 time this year for a rear end oil change.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Hi Scott I didn't come on here to sound like a whinger but I'm having one of those runs, oil leaks every two days. Back to dealer. My service is my dealer. They try, seen area rep and now joy or even concern. You can tell by my photo that I'm a bit one colour but I think soon the colours are a changing. New Hollands approach is. Haven't heard of that, or no one else has had that. I do know of one t8 that a hay contractor had that disappeared and he is now having a good run with another one. Don't know what to do. But I have a 1300hr tractor that I wish i hadn't seen and wish I had my 8920 magnum back. Needed bigger linkage. I think dealers and companies just like to sell now. Warrantee covers a lot,but after first year if it doesn't amount to a certain number they don't want to know. Had a gasket on trans let go last week $240 part.installed wrong from new. Dropped all oil on ground. Had to remove wheel and lots of other goodies to fix. Not covered by warentee part wasn't $ enough. All new oil again 3 time this year for a rear end oil change.
I have not had that bad of a run with the 260 magnum but it has fixed me buying red. Every brake down I have fixed, welding hyd pipes ect, park brake **** and dealer was far to busy to have a look. Then when I conferred park brake pack was issue to busy to fix or even tell me if parts were available. As I say not as bad of a run but makes you think about CNH tractors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm not trying to win a contest of a poor tractor. Just sometimes I'd like others to know before they jump in. Always been happy with yellow and blue love the header. Tj with a cummins been great. This things motors strong but they can't make any thing to keep the oil in this tractor. I think the exon lost less oil than this thing. Sometimes I think when your one colour they think you'll stay just because. Ive got one green now. They might multiply in the shed I hope.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Sure sounds like dealer/service manager needs to get there snit together, NH reps, well the ones I have been around, amazing they can find dealership, thus putting in assist's and escalating, is the only way CNH will get there snit together, the b's we have never heard that before ya right, Scott.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tango has your T8 improved mine now has 2000 hrs. I would describe this tractor as great when it is going, but it is the most unreliable tractor I have ever owned and hope I ever own. The service I have received from my dealer has been great they keep coming and fixing it under warranty, I think they now dread my phone calls as I think they hate this tractor as much as I do. My dilemma is the warranty runs out in three months and it will cost me a fortune to keep this tractor going if it continues to behave as it has. Have always had new holland tractors and been happy, I am tempted to trade this in on another color, but saying that I probably should just trade it in on another blue one knowing I will get good service from my dealer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ended up swapping that tractor. Some reason they wanted to try to keep me blue. Did me a deal. I didn't win and swapped it into a t8 330 ivt. Don't know yet if I should have change colours but the color change price was way out. The old one is sill for sale. The cab suspension and the ivt is grat. Smooth smooth tractor. But over harvest we put it on the chaser bin and twice it spat all its oil out the remotes and the split a brake oil have and dropped the oil again. Local service have always tried to keep me going. Local dealer hopes it will get better. New holland couldn't give a ****. I have a new relationship. If I pay for oil it's getting parked and they will have it back because it's not fit for purpose. I know of two T9 s with similar hydralic issues. So the time came the big blue one changed color as well now. Was all blue but their disappearing Fast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up swapping that tractor. Some reason they wanted to try to keep me blue. Did me a deal. I didn't win and swapped it into a t8 330 ivt. Don't know yet if I should have change colours but the color change price was way out. The old one is sill for sale. The cab suspension and the ivt is grat. Smooth smooth tractor. But over harvest we put it on the chaser bin and twice it spat all its oil out the remotes and the split a brake oil have and dropped the oil again. Local service have always tried to keep me going. Local dealer hopes it will get better. New holland couldn't give a ****. I have a new relationship. If I pay for oil it's getting parked and they will have it back because it's not fit for purpose. I know of two T9 s with similar hydralic issues. So the time came the big blue one changed color as well now. Was all blue but their disappearing Fast.
Hi Tango375, What state are you in please?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts