The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
There done. Have been done since the start of the year. Sales volumes were to low to justify a redesign to add all the crap needed to comply with tier 4 final. I was a told that their sales were in the neighbourhood of 200-250 a year.

For years there were rumours that Buhler Versatile was going to start making a bidirectional based on the old 9030 platform. While I don't think that there is any truth to this, perhaps now that New Holland isn't making them any more, maybe a smaller company like versatile would pick up that line, that is if new holland would allow it. There is probably some design patent or something that prohibits other companies from building them.

It is a bummer that they aren't being made anymore. I foresee the good used ones going for a good price. Looking at them they should be a pretty easy unit to rebuild, so long as parts remain available.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I was always surprised that NH continued to make them after Versatile bought back the tractor line after Case and NH merged. I always though the bidirectional tractors were Versatile or Ford to begin with. What is the history here?

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I was always surprised that NH continued to make them after Versatile bought back the tractor line after Case and NH merged. I always though the bidirectional tractors were Versatile or Ford to begin with. What is the history here?
They were Versatile's creation from the mid seventies starting with the 150 first. It is my understanding they were actually inspired by the 300 Hydro 4WD a few years earlier.

After the merger, Case New Holland only sold to Buhler the large 2WD Genesis and large frame Versatile tractor lines due to competition restrictions imposed by either the Canadian or US government(s). They were allowed to keep the the Bidirectional.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.