The Combine Forum banner

New Holland TR 98 and 35ft swaths?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  lentilgrower 
#1 ·
Anyone running a TR 98 or 99 in 35 or 36ft canola swaths, if so how does it handle them. Just thinking about adding a older combine to help out but not sure if it could handle that size swath in 3000lb canola or 60bu wheat.

#2 ·
Have two tr98 and a 36 foot swather. They handle it just fine. Can go anywhere between 3-6 mph depending on how nice the swath is. They are a really good combine in my opinion and now they are cheap to buy. We got a cr this year and just kept both of our tr's because they are worth more as a spare than to sell them.

#3 ·
I haven't ever picked up a windrow but I got a TR98 with a Honeybee SP36 Header new too me this year and I like it. 1.8 - 2mph in 100bpa HRW, 3-3.5mph in 50 - 60bpa HRW.

#7 ·
We picked up 50 ft wheat swaths with our 98 it was about a 40 bu crop of late seeded wheat. It handled it fine sure didn't take long to get across the field. The choppers on those combines are the only concern only spread not quite 30' in perfect conditions. They are dam good combines we ran up just about 4000 sep hrs with very little down time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.