The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I googled this topic on the forum and i see a few others have had a similar problem, i'm just wondering if anyone has ever found a solution? Our yield sensor in our CX840 has dropped to 0.3V on the readout and no matter where we adjust the bolt it will not read higher than 0.3 or 0.4V. However there is one very specific spot on the sensor where we can pry up on the sensor itself (close to the body of it around the rubber dust shield) and we can get a voltage reading, up to 5.5V (max). That tells me that something is working there but for some reason it won't adjust by pushing on the sensor plate or prying down on the counterweights. My local dealer basically admitted they don't know the first thing about how to fix it so buy a $3000 new one.
If it's the sensor itself that is malfunctioning then it's made by a company called Logiccontrol from Belgium. I tried contacting them directly but they did not reply to my email. It's possible they don't speak english but i'm betting more likely they aren't supposed to deal directly with farmers. I'd love to locate a different sensor itself to plug into the box and see if that solves the problem. I'm sure it would the rest of the unit looks fine.
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I tried a couple of wreckers but no luck so far, most of those machines are burnt and seems the sensor rarely survives.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Just had to replace my flow sensor the other day. It was continually reporting 'line dsiconnected', and when it was working it would read 0.5v. I could do what you did with prying gently but no adjustment would help. Unfortunately until we can find our own replacement sensors we are sort of screwed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does it come apart to view what is inside.
May be post some pictures of it and someone may be able to identify the bad component and cross it to a part from an electronics business. Unsolder the bad bit and solder an new piece in.

·
Registered
172 Posts
When they are going the work well but they do give trouble, a lot of the time it is poor connections or bad earths, if the reading is stable you may be able to adjust it back to the 0.7v- 0.9v range with the special tool, they are not really serviceable from my experience, I've had had them apart but you cant really get into it to test it, if someone does find a place that can repair them please let me know!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
We do have a wire to run to the yield sensor to adjust the voltage on it. Sometimes it fixes it and sometimes it doesn't. Everytime I have ever adjusted the voltage on it, it works for a short time then quits again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.