The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
As long as they give more light up front and to the side,mostly to the corners of a 36 foot head, and about 12 inches more foot room - don't care where they get their cab from.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not the same:

John Deere's arms swivel, Claas does not.
Claas has lights on the end, JD does not.
Claas has poles holding the ends up, JD does not.
Look at New Hollands, same ear wigs.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the CR cab as close as I could find and I still think it resembles a Claas moreso than a CR.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Alex,

I was looking at some pictures over on the blogs or picture threads yesterday, at least I think it was on this forum, and there were some NH CX8090s that the cabs had the "wings" on them. No, correction, I went to New hollands combine website and saw the pictures that looked a lot like the Claas and JD proposed new cab. They were cx's, not crs.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think if you go back in time, like the 80s, Gleaner were the first to put lights on ears, in fact the roof of the cab looked like it was from star trek, thats why they looked way ahead of their time back then.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i liked the way the n series had the roof over hanging from the windows of the cab. lots more shade. and with todays rigs having lots of glass that would be a big plus imho

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey i love the 9000 cabs but then im old enough to remember umbrellas were great on a 95then a 105 with cab but no a/c and we were happy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts