The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2005 575R. This is our first venture into the Lexion/Claas world. I have a few questions:

1. What has been plugged in here?
15961472781110.jpg

2. Where is this L/H Performance Monitor located?
15961472781721.jpg

3. What does this button do
15961472964353.jpg

4. What do these labels mean? It's for the L/H side valve ba A few of them are missing from ours with just the spare wiring connectors.
15961504720807.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome

i’m definitely not the best help in here, but i’ll get you started

Pic 2
Pretty sure those are your loss sensor plates towards the back end of your rotors

pic 3
That is your button for adding hydraulic pressure to your concave. Read your manual, it goes over that fairly simply if your gauge is not reading 130 bar (needle at 12 oclock)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am not 100%sure but the connector in the first picture should be there for the additional fuel tank on the rotors....

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a 400 series that use some of the same icons.
There should be a page in the operators manual that tells you what they all are.
Unloading auger in/out.
Performance monitor = grain loss.
Cylinder speed.
Concave spacing.
Top and bottom ones will have something to do with the header.

The rotor loss monitor on the 400 series are mounted on the side wall about 2 feet from the back of the rotors, one on each side. Would think 500 series wouldn't be much different.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies, I am working my way through the manual.

I'm having trouble finding loss sensors towards the back of the rotors. While looking for them today, I also found these damaged wires, 2 conductors, maybe only for lights? They go up behind rotor drive belts on the RH side towards the rear of the fuel tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
To see the rotor loss sensors you need to stand on top of the chaff spreaders and look above the grain pan below the rotors. The sensors hang down underneath the rotors in the center at the back of the rotors. The wires you describe in your last post likley go to the straw chopper sensor that I think is on the left side by the straw chopper bearing. If the rotor belt goes it can rip off the wiring next to the cab wall.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the rotor loss sensors, thanks for the explaining where they are. There was a LOT of chaff piled in there so once I cleaned it out I can see the wires. So based on that error msg, it's the LH side rotor sensor that's become disconnected? Do those sensor wires come to the LH side of the combine close to the straw chopper's front pulleys? I have a multi-meter and oscilloscope, what kind of signal should I expect from?

Regarding the damaged wires I found (see pic two posts up), they go back to the rear RH, looks like all the way back to the hazard/signal lights. The chopper speed and position (and other wiring) appears to be protected by metal past the belts.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The wires for the rotor loss go into the machine on the left side about half way up the rotor and slightly forward of where the sensors actually are. They go around the top of the left rotor and come down to the sensors in the middle. I think you can get at them if you open the floor behind the engine.

Hard to tell by the picture but could that wire be for the work light on the panel when you open it up?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. We've been slowly figuring things out.

I swapped the two rotor sensors and then it said both were missing. Then I removed the LH rotor sensor and cleaned it, reinstalled it and those errors went away. :unsure: I suspect there is an intermittent connection problem in the harness. Unfortunately the wires feel secured above the rotors and there's no way I fit in through the removable panel behind the engine so I'm not sure how I will end up fixing it.

I did get another error after connecting the header but it doesn't sound like a header related error. I forgot to take a picture but something about LH tray or panel sensor.

A couple more unused connectors.
Under the control console
20200807_155857.jpg

20200807_155715.jpg

Under the cab, some sort of lights?
20200805_103720.jpg

20200805_103714.jpg

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Sometimes when hooking MacDon to Lexion 740, I get a reel height sensor error on CEBIS. The MacDon doesn't even have a reel height sensor. It is a false error that goes right away.

I don't recognize a lot of the wiring you are showing but it is common for one wiring harness to have connections not being used on a specific machine, especially if it doesn't have all of the options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts