The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, just wondering if anyone has any info on Massey self propelled sprayers, if you run one your thoughts,
Who they bought this from?
Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looks like a Rogator to me. In Canada,I don't think we get Massey sprayers, only Rogator from Agco.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crw, we have gators here in Oz in the yellow guise, I can see similaritys between them but don't think that's them. they seem to be well priced, & optioned, & have better clearence than some.
apparently there are only 3 in Oz atm. will be looking forward to an on farm demo.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
New version of a Spray Coupe with some mods??

·
Registered
729 Posts
the booms look like there from the Willmar line. They been selling these in South America for years. The cab is MF tractor cab and the hood is off the Brazilian made MF tractor. That suspension looks awesome similar to Rogator but not exactly, but man does that thing have clearance!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Did anyone else notice the music in the video was in English but the print in the video was in what I assume to be spanish?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I like how it handled the run on an angle. Suspension looks nice. Don't know that it looks like any other sprayer exactly. Most sprayers look similar in design to other machines in one way or another. I think it is a Massey lol. Be interesting to see if it hits the North American market. It definitely has some serious clearance and unique suspension. Time will tell. Nothing wrong with working the bugs out before mass producing and selling them world wide. Massey tractors have a buddy seat so I would think this cab likely has that option.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dookiller, I have sat in the cab of one here in Au, & it is seriously small bearly room for operator, there is no room for any othe seat, not even standing room, " spraycoupe small"!
It also looks fairly basic of a cab. It does have an air connector fitting in cab tho.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I unfortunately noticed the music.:frown:

Looks like a decent unit. An improved buddy seat in the Rogator would be nice, otherwise there is not a lot I would change. I suppose the MF tractor cab might not have that ridiculous fan that pretty much starts at hurricane level...lol
I'll agree with the buddy seat improvement, my kids were moderately hostile over that.

The fan doesn't really bother me. Yeah its noticeable when you turn the key on but I hardly notice the noise after that. Maybe that just tells me I should've wore ear plugs over the 30 years of loading pigs...

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sw, sorry my mistake, got to sit in this today & did a lap in my paddock, there is a small buddy seat. It runs along nicely, booms ride nice & Norac works way better than on a Hardi! Looks a great sprayer, with more options on it as a standard, & way more bang 4 $$$.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sw, sorry my mistake, got to sit in this today & did a lap in my paddock, there is a small buddy seat. It runs along nicely, booms ride nice & Norac works way better than on a Hardi! Looks a great sprayer, with more options on it as a standard, & way more bang 4 $$$.
are you taking it out to 5000 lts and 36 mts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tank size is 3000 litres, boom width is 28 metres. Travels gear 1, 26km. 2: 36km. I think, will go for a high speed tomorrow in 3rd.
Will not be taking tank size any bigger or boom.
We ran it over scales & it scared me, weight split full in work position,33%f 67% R.
Travel posi 40-60%. These splits r as bad as a spray-coupe!
Au $$ 270k.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts