The Combine Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sounds like they copied the older Deeres with poor weight distribution so you can carve ruts turning on the headland. So many put weights up front to remedy this. The last thing anyone needs is a heavier sprayer. Hopefully Massey modify some of the issues before full scale world sales. A front mounted boom would balance that out. A front mount boom makes way more sense in this day and age. Way less turbulence affecting nozzles up front than behind wheels and the frame of the machine. Spray contacts plants before dust is airborne and the tires have driven over the crop and weeds. Your ability to see all of your nozzles at work and to be able to spray right into a field corner rather than backing in would be nice. You wouldn't be turning your head 90 degrees spraying over rock piles etc. Front mount just makes sense. We had a Miller here once I got to ride in. I loved the design of the boom . I was impressed with how easy it was to see everything. What I wasn't impressed with was all the hydraulic failures this machine had soon after. Auto boom height control never did work right from the factory the owner said. A pile of cash went into the thing once and a month later a pile more was needed and it got traded in on a Deere. They were the only ones willing to take it on trade lol. Likely the last Miller they took as well, not operational. Soon after the trade to the Deere the boom started breaking up. It's weak point showed up quick doing custom work. The sprayers were used for custom spraying. The Miiler ran every day for one harvest and a full spring til fall when I rode in it. The following season after our winter then big hydraulic problems started to show up. Why would they put failing components in their machines? There are a lot of proven reputable Hyd components made to withstand hrs of use. My old gator just goes and goes. I change hoses but never wheel motors or pumps. Many thousands of hrs on it as well!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m sure it’s a rebadged Rogator. For legal reasons, AGCO only sells Challenger in North America. If they want to take a product over seas, they usually brand it MF. I’ve seen them send Gleaner S series combines to China as MF. Massey is their world wide brand.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,865 Posts
I don’t know much about Sprayers but this is in my yard.

If anyone wants some closeup pics of something just ask..........

Don’t ask me Tech questions tho....:slapping:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but just curious if anyone in Australia ever bought one of these machines and if they were any good. I see there's now a 9335 model available - 3,500 litres, 32 metres which if it's still competitively priced would be quite appealing.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts