The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I would like to give everyone a brief history of myself. I currently run two tr's a high houred TR96 and a low houred TR99, WE have run many TR's over the years, going all the way back to the TR70. We farm approx 3800 acres in SE Sask. One of our biggest challenges is manpower. Currently we are considering moving to a class 8 combine, but are unsure what colour to go with, so I will be soliciting advice from whoever will give it to me.

First question: Can a CR970 handle up to 4500 acres on its own? with a grain cart?

Second: WE plan on going with either a low houred 04 or 05, is there much difference as far as updates and reliability is concerened between the two years.

Third: anyone who has run a TR knows that when they run they are great, but sometimes it seems like we are always running for the tool box, to repair what seems to be nickle and dime stuff.

So my kicker question is are the CR's considerable more reliable than the TR's, we all know that time is money and when you are running one combine, the little BS problems will drive a guy squirrly.

I thank everyone for their input and time.
Woody

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
We had a feederchain pile up and got one from Harvest Services. Works like a beauty now. The CRs are thought out much better from a maintenance/wear part replacement standpoint. If you want to hour up your CR like your TR96, it will make you way happier than working on your TR.

·
Registered
133 Posts
most of the software issues with these machines are little things, nothing that will leave you dead in the water. so what if your yield sensor isn't working 100%

1 - 3 of 3 Posts