The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just looking at the Bourgault magazine that came in the mail a few days ago. A few pages in there is a picture of a new JD 4wd tractor with the air intake pipe and exhaust on the left hand side. Also there appears to be no door on the left side. There wasn't a model number on the tractor either. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I heard on 50 tractors they screwed up and put the cabs on backwards. Also heard no one noticed it until they were delivered at the dealers. Now JD is in a big lawsuit that could break the company and I heard that AGCO has an offer to buy them. I don't know if any of it is true or not....

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I heard on 50 tractors they screwed up and put the cabs on backwards. Also heard no one noticed it until they were delivered at the dealers. Now JD is in a big lawsuit that could break the company and I heard that AGCO has an offer to buy them. I don't know if any of it is true or not....
Yeah... How could that not be true:rolleyes:

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,955 Posts

Must be for them dum ozzies who drive on the wrong side of the road!:eek:

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
If you want a real laugh turn to the second-to-last page and look at the RME ad that specifically plugs their CaseIH tractors for pulling Bourgault equipment.........and above is a picture of a Versatile tractor! In the same ad for those who don't have it handy.:eek:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yep that's it ; specifically made for right hand drive markets to meet stringent road registration rules.

On a sillier note I one got a piece of paper from the vehicle registration office informing me that they would only register my john deere 8520 if I converted it to right hand drive. (Yep I'm serious) kinda wish I kept the letter to reproduce but it ended up in the bin....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey I just saw on the news how Australian government finally decided to start driving on the right side of the road. Pretty controversial, I understand.

But because its such a big change, they decided to phase it in over 3 years...

1st year cars and light trucks, 2nd year Heavy Trucks, 3rd year Heavy machinery.

Brilliant!!!!:D

Sorry about that guys, but I felt this thread already fell off its rails anyway.:)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.