The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced blown motor on an L3...

Starts and runs good. Oil pressure reads 80psi though. Sounds high to me. Should I be concerned? Remedy? Which sender goes to the gauge? Should I use the one off the old motor? Old motor was 70-30xxx new one is 70-35543.

Secondly, head won't lower. I think it's related to the oil pressure safety switch. Sometimes when you first start it, the header will lower for a few seconds before stopping. Which sender is the safety switch? How can I tell if that's the problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I replaced the safety switch with the one off the old motor and the header works.

Now the oil pressure light comes on, but still reads 80psi. I hope it's a bad connection at the harness as we took it apart several times. I assume it is the switch behind the fuel filter and the gauge sender is behind the oil filter.? The new motor didnt have the switch behind the fuel filter. There was a plug there, so I replaced it with the switch off the old motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.