The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change our openers on our drill it has the regular side band 12" spacing. Would like better trash clearance anyone running the inline side band from seed hawk or dutch? Or might consider the twin wing but hear its not as good for canola but good for cereals and peas.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
With seeding almost over thought that this might be a good time to bump this tread up. Does Seedhawk have a better inline opener than Dutch? Is the trash flow and seed fertilizer separation better? Any other comments?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Brother in law has Dutch inline and he is happy with them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
We had two drills with in line knives. Was real dry here on lumpy hard land some seed would still fall in Fert trench but so would normal style seed knife. They maybe seed a touch deeper than the other side band knives and sure go through straw good. The rubber tube on back pisses me off after 8500 ac they gotta be cut snd moved down. Wish it was steel. They will plug if u go around a wet spot counter clockwise easier than regular side band knife we will get them again twin wing don’t pack as good but somehow came up just as good behind it as inline lucky it rained or most of our canola would look like total ****.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Did some research.
The inline have more fertilizer and seed separation. Also, the inline is only available with the rubber drop tubes while the conventional can be had in all cast. I have heard of a couple of people with plugging issues with the inline. I'm still on the fence which one to pick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts