The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Did PAMI ever publish the results from the testing they were doing on a Case 8240 in one of their videos?
not sure, lots of stuff here: Equipment Reports - PAMI

PAMI went through a dry period, so lets hope they keep up with new equipment reporting again. I like Profi.uk as well, but not the same depth as PAMI reports of yesteryear. Let's hope they push forward. It's essential that we get independent testing and reporting on equipment...

·
Registered
350 Posts
not sure, lots of stuff here: Equipment Reports - PAMI

PAMI went through a dry period, so lets hope they keep up with new equipment reporting again. I like Profi.uk as well, but not the same depth as PAMI reports of yesteryear. Let's hope they push forward. It's essential that we get independent testing and reporting on equipment...

Yeah I looked through the list they had, unfortunately the last combine they evaluated was in the mid 1990's.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You could tell Deere was gunning for the Lexion owners with a lot of their demos last fall. Seems like they must of had some good demos as there was a few Lexion trades show up at some dealerships...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Guess I am not likely interested in buying either machine, but will be curious to hear from some of the people who are long time advocates of both PAMI and Lexion. The results would seem to be different from the usual deere vs lexion threads - fuel consumption and loss comparison stick out the most.

Having said that do note that it was JD that paid for the study so always have to wonder about that. Noted that there were a few yellow to green conversions in this area over the last yr. I thought at the time these had as much to do with difference in service/service cost, but maybe performance was part of this too?

The performance of cat and deere stock over the last year has been phenomenal with a bit of an edge going to De.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Guess I am not likely interested in buying either machine, but will be curious to hear from some of the people who are long time advocates of both PAMI and Lexion. The results would seem to be different from the usual deere vs lexion threads - fuel consumption and loss comparison stick out the most.

Having said that do note that it was JD that paid for the study so always have to wonder about that. Noted that there were a few yellow to green conversions in this area over the last yr. I thought at the time these had as much to do with difference in service/service cost, but maybe performance was part of this too?

The performance of cat and deere stock over the last year has been phenomenal with a bit of an edge going to De.
What does Cat stock have to do with Lexion combines as Claas is the manufacturer of the combine not Cat, and Cat never made the combine only supplied engines for a few years!!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I find the 45/50' head issue to be disappointing. Totally not scientific. Now everybody just points to that and says "well, thats the reason for the efficiency difference". Even if there really was one, that just nixed any trust in the test results.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find the 45/50' head issue to be disappointing. Totally not scientific. Now everybody just points to that and says "well, thats the reason for the efficiency difference". Even if there really was one, that just nixed any trust in the test results.
Agreed, seemed a bit rushed. I suspect they had one day to do this test by the sound of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not really a PAMI thing i guess, but what are the losses due to gophers? Sure are a lot of them this year... Might be bigger losses than on the head/combine...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
The Claas chassis in question has been around for awhile, I can’t understand why a bigger header hasn’t been built for it if the header has been holding back it’s productivity? Turn your phone sideways to see all columns of info.

This is John Deere’s condensed summary against the Claas running its little header.
You have to select the third option in features, the John Deere site does not allow a direct hot link. Turn your phone sideways to see all columns of info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Then there is that thing, where the X9 only works with a JD header... I would think that this would factor in decisions for buying into a closed ecosystem...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Most in western Canada would say a Claas only works well with a MacDon header. I don’t think I would always agree, I believe Claas has some very decent headers now also.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Why buy a header with ecu’s and a lot of sensors when you get a Macdon and couple coil springs that anyone 14-80yr old can figure out how to run. KISS principle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts