The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHE"S HERE THE NEW 2012 Prototype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck DEER

More info to FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: fixed spelling of thread name -Lance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: New Protype

INSIDE INFO

2012 will be a total overhaul of the 20 series combine. As alway CASE IH willl lead the Pack with the new series. Sounds like the rethrasher is gone, and tailings grain will once again be placed back into the rotor. ( godd ridance!!) Rumor has it seer went with 2 rethrashers on there new units. New class leading horsepower exceeding 600 hp will be availible. A new cooling system to prevent the rad plugging issue in small grains (as was in western canada)
Multiple inprovments forthcomming!!!!!!!

SEE YOU SOON!!

F

·
0 Posts

Are they going to give it more cleaning capacity, Bigger hoppers, Longer and stronger augers, Faster unloading and better fuel economy. I hear that these were some problems that they were having issues with.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts

Now, maybe it's just me, but isn't that two totally contradicting statements?
And don't you just love the "I know the best piece of equipment on the planet, but just wait til next year" crowd.

Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sorry about the confusion. DEERE is using twin rethrashers. And yes Fuel economy will be a factor in the next generation. Due to the Teir 4, Case will be going with a SEC system (from Fiat Power) FPT. Early tests predict a 10 to 15% reduction in fuel consumption. Even with SEC additive projections are a overall 5 to 10% opereating cost reduction.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts

Deere is actually going to use a single re-thresher unit for its upcoming new STS models.

Deere is using a dpf, not urea/scr.
Tier IV fuel economy is actually suppose to stabilize, if not improve, because it will enable engine mfg's to revert back to Tier II technology while using urea (read about SISU's new engines) to improve emissions.

CNH's fuel economy may go down in Tier IV due to its lack of a leading engine supplier. Iveco (Fiat) has never been known for its leadership in any of its industry or market sectors. Iveco actually trails at a very distant 6th behind the likes of Mercedes, Volvo, MAN, DAF and Scania when it comes to diesel engine technology and truck chassis'. While having a stop at a TOTAL truck stop in Germany, I got the chance to discuss this very topic with a few truck drivers, and their comments regarding truck chassis' and diesel engine mfg's are as follows: "truck drivers and machinery operators in Europe typically prefer to operate Mercedes, Volvo, MAN, DAF and Scania products over Iveco." Iveco products are typically purchased as economical solutions rather than productive solutions.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts

No, actually nothing.

Don

that's odd. It put my quote in the quote. I said that Deere is usin a dpf, not an scr/urea system. They say their slogan will be gear up idle down, to keep egts high and the filter clean. No word of increased or decreased fuel economy.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts

I thought it was gear down idle up to keep it hot. Now I hear they are going the urea rout as well. I hope the new case has more threshing and seperating area, more cleaning capacity and a higher capacity feederhouse along with the rest of the upgrades.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Deere is actually going to use a single re-thresher unit for its upcoming new STS models.

Tier IV fuel economy is actually suppose to stabilize, if not improve, because it will enable engine mfg's to revert back to Tier II technology while using urea (read about SISU's new engines) to improve emissions.

CNH's fuel economy may go down in Tier IV due to its lack of a leading engine supplier. Iveco (Fiat) has never been known for its leadership in any of its industry or market sectors. Iveco actually trails at a very distant 6th behind the likes of Mercedes, Volvo, MAN, DAF and Scania when it comes to diesel engine technology and truck chassis'. While having a stop at a TOTAL truck stop in Germany, I got the chance to discuss this very topic with a few truck drivers, and their comments regarding truck chassis' and diesel engine mfg's are as follows: "truck drivers and machinery operators in Europe typically prefer to operate Mercedes, Volvo, MAN, DAF and Scania products over Iveco." Iveco products are typically purchased as economical solutions rather than productive solutions.

·
Registered
89 Posts

A bit misleading to call it an IVECO engine. FPT is not IVECO....The new 4 cyl Perkins engines that the perkins dealers are so excited about are actually FPT and made completely in an FPT factory (Italy I think) I hear more complaints about IVECO trucks (mostly electrical) than I do about Cursor engines. Whats wrong with Cursor engines?

·
Registered
894 Posts

According to the truck drivers I talked with at the truck stop, they stated that Iveco engines generally only get half the miles (or kilometers), compared to the likes of a Mercedes or MAN, before major problems occur. Obviously they are referring to Iveco engines as "throw-away" engines much like the majority over here considered 3208 CAT's, certain Detroit models, 555/903 Cummins, etc.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts