The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've never even driven a gleaner but I can tell you that Agco really pulled its head out of its behind and did a pretty darn good job of marketing this combine. I would like to see it in corn/beans/milo but from what I saw from wheat it looks pretty impressive

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know, but I am guessing that the team that put the supers together might have saved a brand from oblivion. I imagine this makes Richenhagen madder than a hornet. That alone makes this entire project fantastic. I am delighted to see all the interest and excitement aimed at the Gleaner brand!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hopefully they do the same amount of marketing when it comes to corn and bean harvest. But I'm not holding my breath. Pick up a Gleaner brochure and the majority of the photos will be in wheat. My guess is we won't see a 10 part video series from bean and corn harvest. If they do it will surprise me and might actually be a signal they are interested in competing in the corn and bean markets again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
At one time someone mentioned the bin extensions were going to be able to close and open via a control in the cab, is that true? Have never seen any indication of them being able to do that but have seen pics of a s77 with the old extensions to so who knows. TIA. I am also eager to see some corn or bean footage.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am also looking forward to seeing some beans and corn information. This machine looks good. Long live the transverse rotor. It looks basicly the same but bigger for the mechanical end of it. This is what I was waiting for, something simple and able to work on from the ground.

·
Registered
245 Posts
No, you can hold your breath, lookingglass. We're going to do a whole episode just about corn and, as I've said before, if you all submit the questions you have I'll try to get them answered in the film. You're right about the brochures often showing wheat but not for the reason you think you are. When a new design is released, we often don't a have a fully decaled, production version until the winter before the launch (which often takes place in the summer). This means we don't always have a final look of the machine before the previous years corn harvest (hence, no photos of it in fall crops). In the S7 brochure, we showed pictures of the S7 prototypes out testing in corn and beans but we did not even have a final decal version in wheat. We try to get new machines out as soon as they're ready and sometimes this means not having photos of final decals in all crops.

We'll update the brochure in December with plenty of corn and beans photos.

Let me be extremely clear. We are serious about competing in corn and beans. If fact, we're in it right now and I can't wait to show you the results. Give me some good honest corn and beans questions and I'll try to get them answered in the next film. Thanks for watching these films and giving us feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.