The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought someone else would start a thread on this, but I guess I will be the first. First off the metering system looks fantastic, Individual meters run by electric motors for each section that are easily taken out or apart with no tools, all plastic. Choice of 3 different rollers, canola roller looks very accurate. Load cells on all tanks. In field calibration as you go. Ground breaking monitor, a I Pad will run the whole system with a app. Dedicated 40 bushel canola tank at a lower height. Virtually hardly any wiring going to tractor as most is wireless. No cab clutter only a I Pad, not even a seed clutch :eek: to start seeding ( that might be hard to get used to) On the con side, conveyor will not be able to empty all tanks, hope they rethink this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was wondering if/when someone would start using an app type program for these things. I think that's great, hopefully other companies start following suit because it would sure be handy to just take my iPad from tractor to sprayer to combine or whatever, open up the corresponding app and carry on! Would make it easier to keep up with what's going on on twitter and the combine forum as well!!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I liked it as well. Lots of forward thinking there for sure. Personally still not a fan of paired row but I can see the benefits. I also liked the canola roller and sectional control seems to be industry leading. But ya, what a mistake on the unload. Also looks hard to do tank cleanout in a quick fashion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Liked the look of it also. With onboard scales and the fit to finish field feature you shouldn't have to worry about using the conveyor to unload the cart? Just put in what you need and when getting close to finishing the field let the controller figure out the rate to empty the tank.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I was wondering aloud yesterday "How long until there is a seperate electric driven meter for each shank/disc/??? on the machine. Dad looked at me like I was nuts until I elaborated...

Planters use to use 1 transmission for the entire bar. Then they went to 2. Then they went to electric section shut-offs. Then switched the ground driven sections for hydraulic driven sections. Then electric row shut-offs. Now you can get electric motor drive for each row unit. On-the-go rate change with turn compensation. Sound familiar to what the air cart/drill guys are saying???

Granted there are less row units on even the widest planters than shanks on these big 80-100' drills, but never say never!

Andrew

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I priced the on board conveyor for the old model tank to be built this summer they want 32,000 for it I think I will just buy a 1545 batco fully loaded for 21,500 and have no trouble unloading tanks a bit of a nuisance moving it from field to field but if you want to spend 32000 you can probably even get one long enough you can have truck and auger set up and just drive drill under and not have to move

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I priced the on board conveyor for the old model tank to be built this summer they want 32,000 for it I think I will just buy a 1545 batco fully loaded for 21,500 and have no trouble unloading tanks a bit of a nuisance moving it from field to field but if you want to spend 32000 you can probably even get one long enough you can have truck and auger set up and just drive drill under and not have to move
Actually their new one will be built by Batco, and I would also take a look at buying a load out conveyor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.