The Combine Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I put 50mpa concrete in my shop. What is that psi? I'm not concrete literate.[/QUOTE]

50000 kPa, 7252 psi

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yea those overhead bridge cranes add a lot of loads to the building, it needs to be a steel building designed for the crane, with heavier columns and rafters, crane brackets, more bracing, bigger piles... or on its own steel structure. Agreed that forklift or LTK's suggestion to get a picker truck would be more economical. Bridge cranes are expensive.

Winches can be done in a wood building, just make sure you tell the builder so they can double or triple up the trusses. A small monorail crane might work too in a wood building.

Someone mentioned lighting low on the walls, that's a good one, as well as air reels. Don't cheap out on overhead doors. Be liberal with plugs and welding plugs. Some ceiling fans are good to have regardless of how you heat the building.
buy a good forklift can use anywhere and you won't lose head room and shop space

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
X2 forklift.... I have one and it gets used more than I thought. Not to mention a great engine hoist, throw a piece of plywood or something of it makes a great mobile makeshift height adjustable work bench!

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
On concrete I guess I was confused with psi versus mpa. The cement we have been pouring around our yard has been around 32mpa not 3200psi. It seems like a lot of the finishers do not want to work with cement in our area that is higher than 32mpa.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just finished our shop last year, grade beams 4000psi, floor 5000psi. If I remember right it was less than $20/yard from 4000 to 5000, well worth it.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts