The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 226 Posts

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If anyone hates change more than anyone, it's farmers. Lol. I think it looks great, clean and crisp.
True, but I am hear for you guys to lead ya through the changes.:nerd:

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Put me down for a "No Thanks" vote.......

Looks to me like it might be set up better for touch screens???

Andrew
Check the first thread for direction to get back to the old view.

Otherwise any feedback on what you do not like, we can tweak colors, formatting, and options.

Jeff

·
Registered
863 Posts
So how many upgrades and changes has thecombineforum undergone in the last decade while gaining membership, while agriville has undergone none under the guise of loosing some conspiracy theory wingnuts.

The new layout seems nice, pages load extremely fast now.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Hoky smokes, now that's a lot of change all at once, lot to take in, but actually so far I can see once one gets used to the new format things all be ok. One thing I have noticed just surfing around, I find the new format works a lot more friendlier on my desktop rather than my phone, which for me is all ok, as 95% of my time on here is on my desktop.

An example is like Woody was saying about getting to the forum page in one click, I can't on my phone, but on the computer it goes directly to a page very similar to the old one immediately.

I can understand about the active and such lists going back to regular length after time, that makes sense.

As for a suggestion, I have already found the bright white version hard on my eyes, just too bright overall, so I switched to the Dark version...much better for the most part, but it would be nice it the type color in the post was a bit brighter to make it easier to read. With that said,the type in the quoted part of the posts is very easy to read, hope that makes sense. But possibly this is something that only effects some of us older members with eyes that aint quite what they used to be;)
K, I'll add this, I just previewed my post as I always do before posting...for me if the type color was white instead of grey would make a huge difference. I can read the header lines very easily, but my own message is almost hard to see.

Otherwise, what I've seen of it so far and running it on a computer, so far so good. Good job and thanks for being open to suggestions.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
This looks like crap. Reminds me of a MSDOS format. Who actually thinks this looks good? Went back to legacy format ad there is giant ad in the middle of the screen with only 10 active topics (which I hope repopulate to a larger number). Two thumbs down for me.
I had my account set for 40 posts per page and it's still doing that with the new site. I do want to request, though, that we be allowed to change that setting all the way to 100 posts per page. I can do that on other vBulletin board sites; I assume it's just an admin option.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
2 questions:

Who was complaining with the old style and what was wrong with it?

Any idea how much of everyone's time you wasted by changing everything?

I don't want to be a whiner but I don't remember anyone asking for suggestions on how things could be improved. Although I can appreciate the work that must have went into this, I think if you knew your audience better you would realize that this will turn more people off than on.:(

My homepage seems to be mostly ads, how do I turn the ads off?

EDIT: I guess that makes 3 questions...Ha Ha.

RE-EDIT: I see now those ads are articles that the admin posted as threads and it says "ADD replies".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks albertabuck, I see what you mean about the grey print. Dark version is too dark, bright is too bright. How does one get 40 posts to a page?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Thanks albertabuck, I see what you mean about the grey print. Dark version is too dark, bright is too bright. How does one get 40 posts to a page?
Change it in "User CP" in the middle of the black bar just down from the top.

Well, that's where it is on mine because I changed back to the classic or legacy or whatever-the-heck-it-was-called view.

Andrew

21 - 40 of 226 Posts