The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
If it means the old mobile view is gone, I ll take it. First impressions, wow is it bright! Don't know about the only 10 recent discussions. Speed, cant really tell the difference. I need to go try the new drag and drop thing.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
The real question is, do people dislike the new layout because it's different? Or are their specific things they don't like, which can be adjusted? Anything that's different is going to be disliked at first; that's just the way humans are wired. But if a change makes a site less usable (as most web site redesigns seem to these days... CNN is the latest offender), then that is a bad thing. So far the new layout seems as usable to me as the old one.

As for colors, perhaps the best way is to continue to offer serveral themes users can choose from. If the new dark theme offered a bit more contrast (take the cues from the legacy theme), I think that'd be my favorite theme.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
When you switch to dark mode, can't see who liked the post. Also, the recent topics should be at least 25 or more or a way to see more. Who wants to go through all the different sub forums.

·
Premium Member
8,054 Posts
Where is the "who's online" on the homepage?

How does one get rid of those stupid pictures on the homepage?

Also you used to be able to scroll over a topic title and it would show the first sentence or two. You could get a sense of what it was about and maybe not need to click on it if not interested. Now it just shows the title again.:(

torriem it seems less less usable to me, even after switching back to legacy view.:mad:

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Wow, just hit "the combine forum" icon on my iPad as usual and this really bright totally new screen pops up on my screen. Spotted "new posts" at the top, hit it and started reading just like I always have, just looks different. Except for being a little bright works exactly like the old version.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Still not getting many posts when I hit "new posts". Not sure if it's a glitch or if I've been checking back more often to see what's up.........

Andrew

·
Registered
379 Posts
For me I find the white too bright, I can change that I prefer the Legacy colors probably personal preference. My biggest issues are how the homepage comes up with big banners, and also coming up with old topics not just current ones. I really liked the older longer active topics list and being able to see the first bit of a post to see if it seemed relevant to me. Time will tell I guess. The legacy format is only partly the same as before many things are similar to the new format, just different colors.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Wow! Kinda cool, gotta get used to the bright screen, it seems quicker alright. It would be great if it's easier to load pictures.

Sure doesn't have The Combine Forum feel to it but I've only been on ten minutes so far :laugh:.

Who exactly is going to use the :x emoticon????:confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Definitely need more active topics list is to small and lagacy mode seems the same as white and black one, but other colors and some older buttons

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Oh! Legacy! I feel better now, felt like I was doing time in a paint booth!
Agreed. Way to bright, tried it for a bit but found it too hard on the eyes.
Went back to legacy. I guess over time I would get used to it but like was asked before who wanted all these changes? could not small improvements have been made over time instead of an all out revamping?

41 - 60 of 226 Posts