The Combine Forum banner

101 - 120 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your new look I think is going to turn people away instead of attracting them. Most farmers are not looking for pretty and inviting, if they were they would go to the Victoria secrets website or something like that. From what I have seen over my time here is people are here for information first. The first time I came to the site the first thing I seen was what was being discussed, that is what got my attention. Right now you have to get half way down the page before you get rid of the pop up ads, and some news items pretending to be John Deere ads. I have nothing against John Deere, own lot of their equipment, but for people that don't I could see them going, nothing good here just green kool aid people here. Like most of the other changes beside the new format and colors. I have already switched back to the original but not even crazy about it.

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Where is the "who's online" on the homepage?

How does one get rid of those stupid pictures on the homepage?

Also you used to be able to scroll over a topic title and it would show the first sentence or two. You could get a sense of what it was about and maybe not need to click on it if not interested. Now it just shows the title again.:(

torriem it seems less less usable to me, even after switching back to legacy view.:mad:
Hello,

You are able to see who is online at the bottom of the main forum index page below:
http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/

Which pictures, The ads or articles? The articles can be update by staff or moderators, I just put in some place holders and we can put up others.

We can add that option back.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Still not getting many posts when I hit "new posts". Not sure if it's a glitch or if I've been checking back more often to see what's up.........

Andrew
I will do some testing and see if the plugin needs some tweaking.

Edit - I just got two pages of "new posts" since I logged out last night.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
My eyes are real sensitive, when i went back to legacy mode my eyes felt way more relaxed.

Before i went to legacy mode i spent some time in the customized profile and none of the changes seemed to work

WE HAVE A LIKE BUTTON. :D
Tahnsk for the feedback,

I should have another dark theme ready for you guys early next week.

Also I "liked" that you liked "likes" :D

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Like the new layout, but dark is better than the bright for me
For me I find the white too bright, I can change that I prefer the Legacy colors probably personal preference. My biggest issues are how the homepage comes up with big banners, and also coming up with old topics not just current ones. I really liked the older longer active topics list and being able to see the first bit of a post to see if it seemed relevant to me. Time will tell I guess. The legacy format is only partly the same as before many things are similar to the new format, just different colors.
Time will tell.
OK. Just went through my tour of "new posts" and can say that except for the brightness I LIKE IT!!!!!
Yes I prefered old colours better also. hope the active topics list gets longer again. Otherwise it seems good
Thanks for the feedback guys, Dark theme for the new skin is in the works.:nerd:

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Gotcha, still on my first cup of joe.

I will have a 100 post setting added if possible.

Jeff
I just heard back from the operations team and 40 is the Max we can have with the current plugins at this point.

Sorry but I tried.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Anyone figure out how to get "all" the active topics back?

Maybe I missed something??..........
Definitely need more active topics list is to small and lagacy mode seems the same as white and black one, but other colors and some older buttons
Here are the links for the post viewing options:

Active Topics or popular discussions:
The Combine Forum - Active Topics

http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

Recent Discussion on the right sidebar are the last ten posts on the site.

My post and My Threads are up the Quick Links drop-down on the toolbar:
Tools >Search - and right there.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
No offense intended but......

If you are an owner on this site..........

Quit fucking around, before someone links to a site better than this one.

(I really liked this site, and as soon as I figure out how to get back to the unfucked with version I'm back in........quiet sheep..... Baaaaaaaa)
Not the owner, just the middle man here to help.

Directions to revert back in the first post.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Well this went over about as good as a turd in a punchbowl. I switched back to the legacy one after giving the new one a try for 30 minutes, its too bright.

I do like the "like" button though.
Dark theme for the new skin coming up and I like that you like the like.;)

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I like it. Active topics isn't a big deal, just scroll through the pages. The like button and tagging is probably the best addition. All in all seems more mobile friendly to me. For a free forum I think it's pretty good the amount of time that goes into trying to improve it and keep it running. So thank you to admins and whoever designs it. Might not be perfect but I appreciate the [email protected]

@peterbilt - thanks for the feedback!

More changes and tweaks to come.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Would have been nice IF changes had to be made, to put a menu bar at the bottom of the page as well as the top to make navigating the forum faster and easier.
Webforum hack advice,

Click "home" button on keyboard when at the bottom of the thread and it will bring you to the top of the page instead of scrolling.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,745 Posts
UPDATE:

There is now a dark them on the site, choose it in the lower left hand corner drop down box.

It is called
"The Combine Forum Dark"

Jeff
Talk about timing...just sat down for my morning cruise around on here....awesome, thanks Jeff, that's just the tweaking the Darkside needed:)

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Talk about timing...just sat down for my morning cruise around on here....awesome, thanks Jeff, that's just the tweaking the Darkside needed:)
Awesome!

Yeah I am hear for you guys!

I know change can be frustrating by just reach out and I will be there to assist or answer questions.

Jeff

·
Administrator
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
The white version is too bright for me but the dark version text needs to be easier to read.
I am also don't like that the text boxes are so much bigger with the new version. I have to scroll that much more.
Should be resolved now.

Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not a fan of change when something is working fine on it's own but this isn't too bad. Sure like the dark version better than the white.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Too much wasted space by the pictures and names. You have to scroll down too much to read the posts. Why was the change needed? Why didn't the old site layout get copied for the new one. Way too bright don't like it.

101 - 120 of 226 Posts