The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You can not set up old four stand like new so you know. On old four strand we just started to take out every other center slat. This was step in right direction so then we also took out every other side slat as well. This was also good and did not find any problem with that. To bring removing every other a step further we removed every single middle slat, every other side slat and then resecured every other center slat half way between the side slat locations. Rear chain can be done with chain in machine but I would prefer front chain to be out on floor beings it is so easy to remove and replace. This will make chain more flimsy but will handle more crop. It is still very important to keep rear chain adjusted to no more than 4.9" and corn varible sheave set at .125" gap. Also if you have corn varible the new crop guide says to speed it up by 50 persent. Don't think I would go that much right off but think I go in 10 percent incriments until feeder behaves. Also any thing you do with feeder will likely decoy a header or swather situation but not fix it. It is very important that headers are set up proper for feeder and not over feed one side or the other. Straw should be getting pushed beyond side of slats and toward center of chain. Dynaflex working very well but see room for improvement also. The opertunity is there for straw to enter to far to outside of chain especially if poly flighting covers are not bolted on. Other talk on feeder chain problems can be found in previous chat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.