The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming over from the Silver side (Gleaner) just bought a 2388 and was wondering (and would appreciate) any pointers you guys might have for me before I start harvesting. Everything sure is different between a Silver Combine and a Red one. Just hope I made the right switch...lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you traded at a case ih dealer, then it should be ready to go. It doesn't take a whole lot to keep these combines going. Just make sure you grease it as indicated on the grease carts. At the end of the season, check belt wear, the wear on the auger bed, and the unloading auger elbow, and the chains and sprockets as you see necessary. What we really like about our 2366 vs. our jd was that it took less than half the time to change crops, even if you have to change headers. on the jd we had, it took about 20 minutes just to change the straw chopper from high to low. on the case ih you can do it in litterally one minute, without tools. It's just little things like that which makes a big difference when you are in a hurry. I don't think i will ever leave red again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts