The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded our 92 1660 for 04 2366. Crops are corn soybean only, 1660 had standard rotor. Really liked standard rotor in corn (and beans when no longer green) for minimum seed damage, ease of setting concave and rotor speed. Been told specialty is harder to get similar results in corn? Should Gordon bars be considered? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a specialty with Gordon bars on it that I love in corn, the cobs come out in one piece, it just rubs the corn right off. I am going to add a second corn head this year and i don't have Gordons on the other combines so I will find out. I have never used the straight specialty in corn. Am looking foward to other responses. I just bought a tornado combine to rebuild this winter that will pick corn and it will definitely get gordon bars. It probably detracts slightly in green soys but is better in wheat and milo.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just my 2 cents but the only thing I remember about learning to operate differently between standard & specialty rotor was that I slowed the rotor down & opened it up more compared to standard rotor settings. Keep the rotor full & I liked to see cobs split in 2. That way I knew I was getting it all off & not over thrashing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts