The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am posting this in the Massey forum mainly due to the fact i'm looking at buying a Massey Super 35. It's been shed kept and is a good looking machince for it's age... Does anybody know anything about this as far as HP ratings and such... My understanding is they do a pretty good job for small grains...I would do wheat and beans

I am hoping to start planting around 20 acres (I know you all can laugh if you want) and do not plan to really be any bigger... I have a fulltime job and I want to do this for my own satisfaction and to start a buisness for me and my youngins' (2.5 & 5)... We live on the family farm but do not work it as it is leased out to other family for forage on a dairy.. However I have access to 20 acres that is not being planted or used in anyway as it is old timber land (recent cutover)

I am in between a Massey Super 35 and a Allis 66 All Crop... I can get them both very cheap... I mostly have the rest of the equip to do the job...

·
Registered
52 Posts
might be harder to find parts for those. by cheep you mean scrap price I hope....otherwise get something bigger and a little newer- 510 massey, 5542 white or something like that, they usually sell for 200 to 1000 around here at auction...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yak... Yeah I would think close to scrap price... hes ask in 500.... I didn't know how difficult they would be to get parts for honestly. .. Thats why im here... its pretty tough to find one for sale around here unless its way out of my price range... ill check on these others you posted... i wish i could find a bigger one for a song

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.