The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
I have for sale cheap a full size picture of my mother in law that will fit on the grain bin, that will take care of the neighbors. Having this taken care of---- you may need those reverse bars in corn over 20% on a R50 - but start with the speed of 275 and the cylinder set at just under the average size of your nekkid corn cob. Did you remove everyother wire from the grates? This will about double the capacity of separation and lessen the amount of small cob pieces in the bin. Set the top screen if standard screen and not a corn screen (not necessary in the R62 but nice) at about 45 degree angle and the lower sieve about the same (it has closer louvers and this smaller opening.) Open a tad is more capacity is needed. Closing the lower screen too much trying to clean will block off the air and cause more cleaning issues. Make sure the accelerator rolls are good and not worn out. Air should be about wide open - look on top of the air choke and make sure it does not have build up and it will go up to the screws that are the upper stops. Set your throat chain on the slow speed (small pulley) on the front RH side of the throat to prevent grain damage due to impact of feed chain.

· Registered
361 Posts
oh - and also make sure the grate is level left to right. The lh side will wear more than the right and a small amount of wear can be compensated for. See op man for details.
Ok you probably don't have a manual. Set the grate to ZERO - the cylinder should click the bars at the TOP of the grate. Adjust with the LOONG rods coming from the top bar down to the grate via turnbuckles. THEN go the bottom and use the eye bolts to get a setting of 7/16" - measure lh and rh side - the bars are 2" thick so using a ruler to stick thru to the bars 2-7/16" will be the measurement to the outside. Also if the cylinder does not hit the grate then pull it on down past 0 on the outside and when it ticks reset the gauge to 0. Since my last post we are sold out of my MIL posters... sorry.. she goes fast...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.