The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We hope to... the big thing was, 1) I spent 312 engine hours in the 1155 and sprayer this year... that was a LOT of spraying time.

2. 2WD tractors, sloughs, and hills don't work that well together...

3. We had a 9700 custom bill to get some sprayed for fungicides... wanted to spray a half for berthas and couldn't get a custom sprayer in in time so probably figure we lost 5bu/ac on that...

Bought this thing for less than the custom bill/yr for 5 yrs... plus the amount of time and fuel saved.

Also wouldn't mind doing some custom acres to help pay for it, which isn't hard with the extended family ;)

If anyone has any tips on these units, let's hear em... sprayed post harvest but feel there's a lot to learn yet to get the maximum out of these things.

The little spray air we had was awesome... never a breakdown, just kept on going, but was getting too small. It's at tomorrow's Ritchie sale actually...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice unit and I'll bet you'll use it a lot and like it but does it come with an elevator to get to the cab and oxygen for that high altitude in the cab?

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mainsilver, it's like riding on air.... I accidentally ran over some ruts at 14mph and couldn't even feel them...

w-mFarms, if you run a SprayAir with the fan you suck a lot of fuel... 180 liters of diesel (40 gallons) would spray 300 acres....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts