The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and saw the new toy today. Looks pretty sweet! The implement had a combine clinic also and my favorite quote from it was "remember to grease that zerk, some of the manuals show it in there and some don't". I thought that was kinda funny.

All we need now is to pop in the AC/DC cd and we are ready to rock!!

[

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We were real dry up until a couple weeks ago. The early crops look pretty ratty and thin. Later stuff is better. Just got done spraying everything a few days ago.

The JD guy had an interesting thought about whitecaps at the combine clinic. The advice for hard to thresh wheat in our neck of the woods now is to open the concave up. The reasoning is that on the newer combines with rifled threshing elements if the concave is too tight it moves the material out the back of the combine quickly. If the concave is opened up it will allow it more time to rub grain on grain and do a more thorough job threshing. At first this seemed counterintuitive to me, but after thinking of the "rifled elements pushing it thru too fast" explantion it did make some sense. Thoughts guys??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was the one! If I would have known U were there I would have bought you a beer and a burger!!! haha We went to the on in Rugby. U2?

Did you see the combine on the end with the massive tires!! 38's i think sitting kinda lopsided front to back. The salesman ordered them by mistake I guess and now it wont fit into the farmers shed. woops!!

The first part of the clinic was kinda basic, but the end had some better pointer. I have never ran an STS or JD for that matter, so I am a complete noob with Green combines. I needed all the help I can get

Where you from ndfarmboy75? We usually run all of our stuff out of Minot so I did not recognize anyone at the Ruby clinic.
EW

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was at the one in Minot. I actually learn quit a bit. Last year was my first year in my 9760. I was us to setting my 9600 and that doesnt work on an sts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts