The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good idea with the pivoting. I'd just be concerned turning a 2000 bu loaded and it wanting to roll under. There is some bite in a soft field making sharp turns.

Why wouldn't they just go longer instead? No sense in making a wider footprint. It still isn't the largest footprint out there though. I also hope the wheels got wider in all this too, or it would be all for nothing I think.

·
Registered
101 Posts
First year with an Elmer's 1600. Tracks were a huge advantage this year with being a little wetter. Have to be careful when turning while 3/4 full or more but handles turns around a 60 or so ft radius if about half full. Leaves maybe a 2 inch berm during those types of turns.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
We run a Brent 1082 with the 900's. Usually pull it with a 8310 john Deere, this year half way through we put our T9.670 smarttax on it to due to wet conditions. We weren't making ruts really, but when that cart was close to full was causing some compaction for sure. Driving the fields now, couple weeks later and you can feel all the cart tracks. Also, it's only 3 or 4 years old and both tires are shot allready. That will be a $10,000 fix. Thinking maybe tracks on the next one, probably go to a 1300-1500 bushel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.