The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I have grown weary of buying used "Field Ready" machines from individuals. The liberty was taken to purchase a completely refurbished 1988 GLEANER R50; from a reputable dealer. Ser# R50K01892H8888 has tailings return and the same cab as my L2. The deal was made in October for March delivery. Dealer called Saturday and has the processor apart. I'll run by on Monday and take a few pics.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The chair pic was the last one taken a month after the first ones. I got a big chuckle myself when the only thing done in a month, was put a folding chair in the cab, and drive it under a shed. I took that pic and emailed my brother about the new fully adjustable comfort seat that they had installed. He had a big laugh. Really can't wait till delivery.

Picked up another field today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this machine running?

Hey, I've never posted before. But curiosity drives me too. Are you running? Just curious, seemed like a big project. I run an old R60 with a 960 MacDon header. So I know what you feel like when your machine is in pieces. ha. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes this machine is running. A few fields dried out enough for people to get machines in. I cut 42ac of laid over oats had to leave about 1/4 ac due to water standing in the field. Elevator was very slow till this eve at Coleman, Texas. Things will pick up tomorrow as conditions improve mud wise. Machine is doing a great job. Can't wait till I get in the Wheat. Lots of fields in the area are full of weeds

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Them machine were a very good machine right out of the box. Replaced bunches of L2's with them. Much easier to jump into edible beans than the conventionals. We had to tape off the green stripe and spray bomb with orange to make an easier sell. Good luck with your machine.

PS: couldn't hardly wait for the FAT 50 project to be done for that was the introduction of the R62/72. I think they tried to use to many R50 parts thus thresher helicals were not steep enough and rasp bars to short to get straw all the way to discharge. Once we got this figured out all was well and we had a sizable larger machines than the R50. Once we got over these hurtles things got better and better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.