The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey brewmax,

Had one out for 2 days this year in winter wheat and oats. It was on the field with 4 9770's. It did have more capacity, at least 1 mph more than the 9770's. Unload rate was a little embarassing though compared to the 70's. Cart operator hated it because it took for ever to unload.

I still prefer the rotors though. I like how rotors create a suction in front of the feeder house so you don't have big plumes of dust right in front of you. And the other reason i like the rotors is because they are red machines painted green wink wink

It is kinda neat how the chaff off the sieve gets shot up to get spread with the straw.

Not sure why the pics are all side by side, but thats how it is.

I have a nice video too, u know how i can post?

redordead

redordead

·
Registered
23 Posts
........never ran one personally.The neigbors have a T670 I believe,that is the number.They claim it throws less over the walkers now in barley than the other JD walker combines they had. Behind the threshing cylinder and beater is there not another separator that deliveres the straw to the walkers.Perhaps similiar to the NEW HOLLAND rotary separator on the conventional.Never questioned to much as this is the first year they used the machine.Apparantly not many purchased in North America.Most go for the rotor type.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I had forgotten about that.
Lexion uses a fan to suck the dust off the top of he feeder but a true rotary still has less dust.

Don

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys. in milo and wheat so far the 9610 has out paced the 9650 sts pretty bad, corn is a different story. the sts has a complete kuchar kit, and still is lacking. the 9610 seems to be alot more consistant when conditions change, but the sts operator is having to continually make changes/adjustments throughout the day. just wondering what was to come of the t670 and what its performance was like

·
Registered
521 Posts
Red or Dead,
When you are making a reply, there is a box named "Add Tags" (it's labeled over on the right-hand side). On the second row of "Add Tags", on the far right, there is a box named "Tube" (it's written in the color red).

I believe that this is the place you can add your video, or at least link to it (prolly' via YouTube)

Hope this helps, as I would like to see the video, too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts