The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Best piece of advice you will get is throw the kooima knives and bolts in the scrap pile. Go get oem deere parts. The kooima crap will self destruct on you and create mass havoc. Book gives you a good quick way to replace them, should be good to go.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Did a set on mine last summer, from what I recall book is real good. Be sure to have shearbar completly forward, may have to clean out in front of it to accomplish that. Use the higher end of the torque range.

If you use that kooima crap you will be replacing the set in season. The bolts will break, knives will break. Cutterhead spins at 12-1300 rpm, broken pieces means **** gets bad real quick. Their sheet metal is good, knives and shearbars are crap.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Does the machine have auto sharpen and shearbar adjustment? If it does you will love it, let it do its thing and give up on the manual sharpening.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Sounds perfect to me. Just one question- do you still believe in the myth of a breakdown free chopping season? Ranks up there with the tooth fairy and santa claus! Some days are better than others, best of luck and happy cutting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.