The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, hear is what happened. We have had the Super 300 for a couple of weeks now and I have been out a number of times with it and it has worked well.
I am in southern Colorado at 6500 ft. grading roads for our HOA we have about 20 miles of roads. When the roads are dry they are like cement with a lot of large embedded rocks, when they are wet they are like mush. Today the roads are like cement.
So I was grading the best I could and hit a large rock and the drive shaft broke. The u joint came off the differential.
The question is are the u joint anything that can be purchased new or do I have to find one in the scrap yard.

more info
I have a couple of serial numbers
PGU 1687 this serial number is on the ripper frame
R366 7598 this serial number is on the graders frame
engine is a Detroit diesel

Thanks for any help
Mike

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Think maybe a construction forum might be more up your alley.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I would take the u-joint off and go to your heavy truck/auto part store and see if they can match it. There are different sizes and styles that need to match. Most times if it isn't on hand they can measure it and order. Need one of the caps to know the style.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Did the cross and bearing break or the actual yoke that the cross goes into? If you go to a driveline repair place with the pieces they should be able to hook you up. Otherwise some pictures of the pieces may help too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts