The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If Deere is this secretive with their cotton picker, wonder what kinds of combines they have running around?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty positive as well that there is a bi-rotor combine or two roaming the plains during wheat harvest for sure and corn too I'm sure.

What do you mean Diesel Electric? the diesel power plant just powers electric motors to drive things?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't take credit for this find, it was leaked on the other board and I found it interesting so thought I'd show it to you. I actually saw the "Bullet Rotor" combine as we know it now last year on the harvest run but didn't take any pictures like I should have. I even got to crawl around on it and look around (my uncle was the head salesman at the dealership
) so I got to see it first hand. I knew it existed just a matter of when.

But yes if they're secretive with the new cotton picker, I wonder what kinda condition the Bi-rotors are running under? They probably have them in a barn cuttin aritificial wheat in ideal conditions
no but seriously if they are this secretive imagine what's going on in your own backyards!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh well , thanks for bringing it over anyway. Hey, I wish the camera guy in the plane could have found those two CIH prototypes that are somewhere in Mississippi.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like a modified module truck could pick up several "round bales of cotton" at a time maybe...would be easier perhaps than loading one big module...would take some practice...like loading hay on an old new holland model 50 bale handler

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Most hybrids shut the engine down when under no load and rely on battery power................

That sure is a scary thought

Haveing sensors slow down and controll certain sections when not in use

i bet that would really run smooth lol

i like it when a sensor is just wrong and flash's a lil too much or not at all

now it actually plugging up a combine or tearing the crap out of something is another thing..

·
Registered
894 Posts
I tip my hat to Deere for the attempt, but a round cotton module is not the standard. uniform size is critical to a cotton module. Just like a large square bale, a cotton module relys on uniform size, which is required for transport and processing. To my knowledge, logistics and processing are not set up to handle round cotton modules. This is just another attempt by Deere to model the industry in its own image. Nice machine, but it wil be the preverbial straw that breaks the camel's back. No force on Earth could get those good'ol boy cotton ginners to change to round modules.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey wheatthreasher, about the 1/2 module deal, it's kinda like when you finish getting the grain out of the field. You will not always load a full truck when you're finishing up. Same deal with cotton. You won't always build a full module to finish up. The gins can take care of any size module because its rectangular. The gins ain't set up for round bales.

·
Registered
2 Posts
local farmer from north carolina got to go on a trip somewhere in the delta to see this new john deere picker in action and he had to sign papers to state that he would not give any info to anyone about this machine. my local dealer even told us about it after he attended a show on the 8030 series tractors it will really help the cotton industry if this picker works like it suppose to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts