The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not through a complete season yet but thought I review what I've seen/learnt so far.
May just edit this post as I will inevitably forget things and/or find more things out.:)

Setup:
2014 New Holland SP 365F
6000L/1585 tank
36.6/120' boom
Capstan Pinpoint (PP)
Turbo TwinJet TTJ60, 11002/11004 nozzles
Intelliview IV screen
Raven rate control
4 WS
PTG Central Inflation System (CIS)
650/75R38 floaters
320/105R54 skinnies
Tridekon (4 wheel)
Lists well over 100;)

I'll just give bullet points and elaborate later.
For simplicity and easy reference I'll number.
Good stuff:
1. Front boom
2. Quiet
3. Rides nice
4. 4WS
5. PP
6. CIS
7. Being able to walk underneath with no fear of hitting head
8. Twinjet nozzles

Bad stuff:
9. Very high fuel filler location
10. Which needs used often
11. Very High hand/eye rinse tank fill location
12. Hydro hand has an awkward way of upshifting
13. No way to rinse main tank and drain same as tank wash runs at the same time.
14. No overflow hose on rinse tank like main tank has
15. 4WS

Crap stuff:
16. Boom wing lift height inadequate

Weird stuff:
17. The skinnies ride nicer than the floaters:confused:

Most is self explanatory but I'll hit a few that likely aren't.

3. Rides nice and has tremendous wheel travel and stability for crossing ditches, angle draws, etc.. The air ride cab is the icing on the cake.

4/15. Note that 4WS appears on both lists, I hope it's just an education process to understand how to effectively use it.
It only works in 1,2 and 3rd and I was told it's also speed limited. Yeah. To whatever it goes in third.;)
I think I'm slowly getting it figured out. Like what it does but still learning.
I've sprayed about 49% in 1st, >50% in 2nd <1% in 3rd (about 5 minutes.)

16. Ah that boom lift height!:mad:
Booms don't raise anywhere near high enough for our rolling conditions as well as wellhead clearance.
Need 15 degrees more upslope. Min. You guessed it, they go way, way lower than they need to. Did they actually test this in rolling fields?:confused:

10. While it porks fuel the tank also blessed with one of those idiotic alarms that starts about 4 hours before it should!:mad:

17. Less tire tread vibration reaches you with the skinnies but the floaters steer marginally better on the road. Skinnies about 8% faster on road, they JUST fit in the fenders for diameter.

Well, have atter, ask, throw mud, build up, bring it on!:);)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
#7, being able to walk underneath with out the fear of hitting your head.

so long as your short LOL At 6 foot 4 there's not enough clearance. However when I saw Don's unit it was on the bigger floatation tires. A couple of days later i was around another on skinny tires and it seemed like it had more clearance. Could still catch my head on a couple of places, just the top 1.5 inches (4cm) instead of the 3 inches (7.5cm) or so with Don's on the floaters.

Wow this is a really knit picky reply

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Some nearby farmers here that have a 4365 got very sick of running out of fuel so soon, so they drained the rinse tank, tee'd it into the fuel tank and now have much more in paddock time spraying. No rinse, but plenty of spraying. Also I think they fitted a more reasonable height fuel filler that uses the line between the 2 tanks.

The patriot we have also doesn't have the ability to drain the tank while rinsing which is a pain in the arse

steve

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many speed unit do you have? You aren't shifting at spraying speed, are you?
You can power-shift it anytime in either direction, the only limitation being engine power.
You are basically correct, you just shift between field and road speeds with no jockeying at spraying speeds.
I don't know how others do it but I just pick either 1st or 2nd and run full hydro handle.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some nearby farmers here that have a 4365 got very sick of running out of fuel so soon, so they drained the rinse tank, tee'd it into the fuel tank and now have much more in paddock time spraying. No rinse, but plenty of spraying. Also I think they fitted a more reasonable height fuel filler that uses the line between the 2 tanks.
I've also heard that, it exactly doubles fuel capacity to 1136 liters.
Another thing about filling it, there is zero warning, it is instantaneously full, you have to pay attention. Guess how I know this?;)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Pretty hard to have #7 without #9. I suspect #12 is just a matter of getting used to it. #14 would be a plus if you decide to convert it to a fuel tank. 4/15 I assume is 4 wheel steering??. If so, I don't understand the explanation why it's listed in the "bad" column.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ever done this?

This question excludes the CTF guys, they would have done this.
That scale they use on the axle for tread width, ever actually measured it to see how it matches?
It appears Miller sets up rim offset to maintain the same clearance between tire and wheel support upright, so, wider tires, wider tread widths.
And even with the very skinniest tires they provide it's still a bit wider than the 120" scale provided on the axle.
Hmm...

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
You can power-shift it anytime in either direction, the only limitation being engine power.
You are basically correct, you just shift between field and road speeds with no jockeying at spraying speeds.
I don't know how others do it but I just pick either 1st or 2nd and run full hydro handle.
It is not a power shift like a transmission. It is a hydraulic valve, there is no cushion except for the give in the hydraulic hoses. Parts will last longer if you shift while stopped.

I spray in 2nd or 3rd depending on the field and whether its burn down or row work.

As for the tread widths, with my 650's about 134" on the scale is 150" centerline.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pretty hard to have #7 without #9.

I suspect #12 is just a matter of getting used to it.

#14 would be a plus if you decide to convert it to a fuel tank.

4/15 I assume is 4 wheel steering??. If so, I don't understand the explanation why it's listed in the "bad" column.
True.

Likely, but I'm a bit puzzled why the two button setup at all.

They use just a screw in vent that spills water all over the area between main tank and engine, no big deal, just messy.

4WS appears to be an acquired taste, I hate being without it in the yard or any tight quarters but on outside rounds and high speed turning it takes experience to use well, mainly the ease of grossly over steering needs overcome.
I'm also not a big fan of no lock to lock steering system stops, this setup is endless turn to facilitate steering cylinder phasing.
Same deal, just have to get used to it I guess.
You can turn on headlands much faster in 4WS, that is a for sure!:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just check to be sure stop blocks are out of boom lift cylinders.Mine came with 3 in from factory.The fuel will level out around 800 hrs.Mine could barley go 9 hrs at the start but will go 20 hrs before refueling now.We have 1800 hrs on ours now.Tell NH to get new AWS cylinders which will solve the steering issue.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is not a power shift like a transmission. It is a hydraulic valve, there is no cushion except for the give in the hydraulic hoses. Parts will last longer if you shift while stopped.

I spray in 2nd or 3rd depending on the field and whether its burn down or row work.

As for the tread widths, with my 650's about 134" on the scale is 150" centerline.
I never said it was a powershift, I said you could shift it like a powershift.;)
Good point and good advise though on the shifting.

I will never spray in 3rd, too fast for me.:eek:

Yep, those measurements sound about right.
Wish there was a select system of wheel tread width, I know it shouldn't bug me but holding that switch is such a nuisance. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just check to be sure stop blocks are out of boom lift cylinders.Mine came with 3 in from factory.The fuel will level out around 800 hrs.Mine could barley go 9 hrs at the start but will go 20 hrs before refueling now.We have 1800 hrs on ours now.Tell NH to get new AWS cylinders which will solve the steering issue.
Yes, blocks removed.

Hope it in improves.

Thanks Doug, I'll check if there is a serial # break as well, this sprayer was built either late August or early September last year.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.