The Combine Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,024 Posts
Durum is 75 percent sprouted, lentils in the same range. Only a couple percent in the yellow mustard, but it doesn't appear it will make #1 anymore.
That standing?!
Either way, ugly, sorry to hear of the catastrophic conditions.

·
Registered
970 Posts
That standing?!
Either way, ugly, sorry to hear of the catastrophic conditions.
Yep! It was fairly warm and rained for about 4 days straight. Only got 2.75 inches of rain out of it but it was such a slow rain that it made basically everything sprout.

Oh and I see they have more rain listed for Thursday that was not there last night.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yep! It was fairly warm and rained for about 4 days straight. Only got 2.75 inches of rain out of it but it was such a slow rain that it made basically everything sprout.

Oh and I see they have more rain listed for Thursday that was not there last night.
That blows man I feel for ya. Think 15 was like that for us. Dry spring so shitty germ. Swathed a bunch of wheat and it rained for 2 weeks. Best germ I had was on my swaths(

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Run a sample of standing Landmark wheat yesterday behind the swather.
Tough looking stuff for only 1.2 inch of rain on it while ripe.
I had no trouble seeing the fusarium in it.
This doesn't look good.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All that rain at harvest makes life difficult. We got about 1.25" half a week ago to add on top of already soggy conditions. Water in the fields in the low spots again.

At least most of you guys have some harvesting done. I just swathed some canola yesterday. First "harvesting" that happened on our farm. I was surprised how well the ground held up while swathing!

A good percentage of the barley and peas are off in our area, and some guys have taken off some early seeded wheat, but that stuff is giving the dryers a good workout. :)

The old timers used to say that October was combining month. Sure hope that works this year. We had a number of nice harvests previously, but the last 3 years and now this one, are not for the faint hearted.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts