The Combine Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Ok, lets start with it hasnt rained here in Southern NC for 4 weeks. well 5 now. There was some scattered stuff, but it missed me. I've got Yetter wavy on front of a 12 twin wide NG4, and I cant get it to bite. I'm going into dead crispy standing rye on heavy organic that's not crusted and sand, and still cant get a bite into the soil with the double disc openers. Residue is cutting, but still not getting coulters but maybe an inch. We put the disc back on, but so goes what soil moisture is left, and I spent 68k discing last year, I'm tired of the disc.. So. Monosem tech says wrong linkage, blah blah blah, spend more money. I got it maxed manual says 375 lbs down pressure. Someone, anyone got some ideas here. I've played with it and played with it. Not having much luck, and not a lot of neighbors to help since no till is kinda lax here, and its blue. Closest man same planter has coulters and discs everything (go figure). So, ideas? Bottom out my bolts on tension springs? Make some springs from scrap? Bolt on some **** weights? Really need some help. Would really like to no till without trading my planter. Not looking so hot.
-Paul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts