The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tractor has been warning of low engine oil pressure. Not zero but dropping to 230ish then rising again. We shut it down and checked level, its fine. Gone home and having a nice glass or 2 of white to try and get my head in order.

So I suppose its either a wiring/sensor problem or something horrible like a turned bearing or oil pump eating itself. Other possibility is a relief valve going west etc but I dont know how these FTP engines are actually configured. Hours are about 4400.
Anyone care to offer some advice? Plan A is to plumb in a mechanical gauge and run it briefly to see if it mirrors what the electrics are saying. Anyone know where the sender is located?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Same occurrence on a combine several year ago, was the oil pressure sensor, would just kind of bounce all over and give you a low oil alarm. I can't remember which machine it was on anymore but believe the pressure senor is on the left hand side of the motor.

Probably not the oil pump. If that went under load your motor is toast.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,724 Posts
Ya definitely need to tap in somewhere or T off the sender port with a mechanical gauge. Make sure the electric sender is still connected so you can compare them at the same time.

Safe bet it’s the sender on its way out..........

Hopefully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts