The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Has anyone else had trouble with mice getting into header cab and roof space? I’ve looked around everywhere but can’t find where they are getting in. Is there any commonly known places that they get in? Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
We had em come in through the cable access on tractors. If you find where they come in, stuff it with steel wool , that will keep them out.
I had them in the steering column of a White tractor so I packed it with steel wool. The little pricks built a nest in the steel wool.

Not sure about the combine but they could be getting in the cab posts and heading up that way

·
Registered
134 Posts
The mice getting into the roof will be getting up the rear posts of the cab frame. Add steel wool or expansion foam up from underneath to block the open end if the metal.
For the inside of the cab, have a look under the instruction seat. There is a small strip of trim that is velcroed on beside the storage pocket, behind this is a hole where the wire that controls the hydrostatic drive goes through.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you lower the throat, and lay on it, you can look at the bottom/back of the cab and there are a few holes that need plugged where the linkage for the mechanical leavers would go through the wall on the smaller tx machines. Essentially the holes are right behind the instructor seat. Make sure the combine is turned off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts