The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting sectional control set up on our drill and was wondering how satisfied everyone is with there system. I don't need/want a high pressure system for our rates. I was looking at a couple of different systems, a continental cooler with raven valves with 5 sections, and the capstan system which would allow a person to go to individual row control. We currently run a continental cooler and it has lots of capacity, the only problem is we have dickey john valves so it cant be converted to do sectional control that I am aware of, so we pretty much have to get a new system.

Has anyone ran the capstan system, thoughts opinions. The Capstan system has really piqued my interest.

How would one calculate the savings of individual row control, or in this case two rows at a time vs 5 sections, and 1 section, over 60ft. Some years I doubt we have 2% overlap as we seed though everything, others we have to go around a dozen potholes and overlap may be as high as 7-10%(just a guess).

These systems are also incredibly more expensive then I was envisioning. I was hoping to just put an extra set of valves at each manifold with a new wiring harness and call it done. I think we set up our entire drill with NH3 6 years ago for 5-6 grand, now they want **** near 18.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
We run 5 section with raven valves run through our x20 monitor. I think the total cost to put just the sectional control part on was around $7500 but the monitor was set up for it already. I know a couple guys running the capstan sectional control. They seem to like it and have it working good. Not sure if you would gain much over a 5 section system for saving but it does have some good features to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.