The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm guessing based on your past posts that you are concerned with Idaho prices. Prices vary immensely over many areas. Call your local co-op, Simplot dealer, etc they will give you the most accurate info. Keep in mind that prices can change by over $100/ton in less than a week. Also the form of N counts too, dry vs various liquid forms vs Nh3 are all going to be priced differently. If you are looking to get a price for budget purposes ask for an average price over a period of time. Our guys here can supply those to us so I'm assuming your local dealers can too.

Just out of curiosity what is your background prior to farming? And where in SE Idaho are you located?

Good luck!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have worked on my both of my Grandparent's farms my whole life, but I haven't ever had the chance to ask them about these things. I have talked with them, but I am trying to get ideas and advice from lots of different people/operations so that I can make the most out of everything and try to keep improving from where I am. I am currently a student in college, so that is why I have been asking so many questions. I am trying to see how I can start out myself, or make my way into one of my grandparent's farms. I will be farming around Rockland, Idaho.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
im hauling from cf right now and its costing me just less than 500 a ton for uera.... not very happy with that, but they say its going up... their storage shed is almost full

should be more like 350/ton looking at corn prices

·
Registered
683 Posts
im hauling from cf right now and its costing me just less than 500 a ton for uera.... not very happy with that, but they say its going up... their storage shed is almost full

should be more like 350/ton looking at corn prices
Wow! Things are high up there. Right now I think 46-0-0-0 is 400/ton around here. Prices have been falling hard the last month. All the guys here are saying lower into winter.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
If there is one thing a college student needs to know...

If you can be independent from a cooperative, get yourself to the point where a phone call and a semi can bring you fertilizer from anywhere..
Many comments about the price going up are only because the local dealer has purchased their fertilizer to resell.

There are people who buy and sell fertilizer with no storage, so you may need to have your own storage... It will save you 30-40 dollars a ton... Relationships are nice but not its about staying in business.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Wow! Things are high up there. Right now I think 46-0-0-0 is 400/ton around here. Prices have been falling hard the last month. All the guys here are saying lower into winter.
If you're going to compare fertilizer prices you need to learn conversions - dollars and tonnes/tons.

$500/MT Cdn = $408/ST US on a 90 cent dollar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.