The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IH corpoate says 9010 for forgeion sale only. Wont see it here for many years. They said there wan't a need for it in u.s. Partly from the low sales on the 8010. He said if we can't sell the 8010 we sure as heck wont sell the 9010. Really acted like he was disappointed that they even had a 9010

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds like a marketing ploy. I find it hard to believe they would build a 9010 in Grand Island send it overseas and not sell it here, the only way I see that happening is that it is just a number change for marketing, comparable to the fact that "2388"'s are still made for overseas market. "Low sales of 8010" comparing to what?

F

·
0 Posts
I had heard they were doing field tests with them is western canada this fall and that they would have "a few" out next fall for demos and more field trials with full sales for the following year. Have to say i think its a marketing ploy as well. Cat has the 590, and according to the cat guys they were sold out in north america. Or at least thats the excuse they used to explane why they didn't have one at the local farm show. If this is the case and there is really that big of a demand for a class 9 combine, they would be stupid not to sell them in north america.

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
I heard the same from the Lexion rep. He heard that one was going to be running in the area East of Edmonton against a 590R and he was going up to set up the Cat to spank the Case. Never heard how that turned out.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Quote:I heard the same from the Lexion rep. He heard that one was going to be running in the area East of Edmonton against a 590R and he was going up to set up the Cat to spank the Case. Never heard how that turned out.
That wouldn't require any "setting up".

Don

·
Registered
187 Posts
I ordered a 7010 at the end of September and it is to be built in March. As of the end of October, I was told the only build slots left for the 8010 and 7010's were stock orders by dealers. And you wouldn't get it time for a summer wheat harvest. So I think sales aren't that slow. My local dealer has quite a few on order. We demo'd one last summer. What a amazing machine!!!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
'07 8010's best ever. johnson harvesting going from 88's to 8010's!! I was told their would be less than 5 9010's in 08 but they'll be around. engineering afraid it will shell more corn than it will handle. more for small grains stay tuned

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are johnson's really going to the 8010's, are they still going with 5 machines or cutting back to 3 or 4 because of the upgrade, that is a big step if they are keeping 5 or 6 machines as far as the $$$ goes.. They run a nice crew I hope guys like them can keep making money doing that, it's sad that soo many guys are having a tough time because of equipment costs and fuel.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Quote:BS I have one coming their is a 16r ch on the way as well their won't be a lot of them and 70,8010 sales are HOT
It would probably be easier to list new equipment that isn't "hot". Any color.

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again

Don

·
Registered
122 Posts
They are all hot because they all don't build as many as they used to. Supply & demand. Extract all you can.

Simber

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
As for sales supposedly not being so hot for the AFX's I really don't know what to beleive. I live not far from Grand Island and I always see a lot of them loaded on trucks and being shipped down I-80, as well as a bunch waiting to be shipped sitting either at the plant or on trailers on Bossleman's truck stop. But I'm very surprised because I have only seen one AFX in the field in Nebraska ever since they have come out and that was around Lincoln. You don't even see any at the dealers nearby such as Grand Island, Hasting, Aurora, and so on. So they must be selling somewhere, just not anywhere close by in this state.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Quote:BS I have one coming their is a 16r ch on the way as well their won't be a lot of them and 70,8010 sales are HOT

If you got a 9010 with a 16 r30 coming I want to see pics when you get it. Let us know how it compares to the 8010's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts