The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting in my new to me TR98 and noticed theres no drink holder
Are there any factory add ons like JD has for the soundgaurd cabs? Or do I need to get crafting with some metal? Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why do companies leave stuff like this off. Its the little things that get under my skin... Like not having a place to set my coke while I run water furs in our JD 6715.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You might try a drink holder that you can get from JD. It has 3 big suction cups on it and you can stick it to the window. I use one of these in my 4430 and also our 895's and they work great. I was a little unsure how the suction cups would work but they have worked without incident for me. The only problem I have found is the suction cups don't stick to the windows in the winter when they are cold. They are not to expensive either. I think the last one I bought last year was about $20 USD. I think they said they were a cup holder for the 50 series JD's.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
I'm sure if you can get a suction cup holder from deere, you can get one for 1/3 the price from Canadian Tire. I'd go have a looksee there to see what your options are. The ledge does work well, or the part by the gearshift works good for pop cans, but only if you remember they are there when you turn!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ya thats what I hated when I ran a TR88 for 2 years. little things like that bug me. Don't buy one just make one. My grandfather always made his cup holders. Just take some light steel. Make one into a "J" shape and then a circle shape. Rivot the circle shape steel to the "J" shape and there ya go. Works well and you can make them to any size. Then just take a self tapping screw and place it anywhere. They work better then what you buy. The pop can can't fall out. Give it a try.

Take care,

Nathan

·
Registered
546 Posts
Or another simple way to solve your problem, is just set your drink on the floor beside the steering column and your set

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep, they slapped one in the tr99 but its quite cheap. It kinda flips down but its not made to handle anything more then a soda can. If you want something solid your better off getting an add-on one from the hardware or department store.

·
Registered
886 Posts
it can get a lil cold but putting ur drink down in between your legs works, I did that alot when I was slashing on the old 3130. Or I'd put it under the handbrake leaver, just wedge it in.

G

·
Don't have a new holland combine but the truck doesn't have a cup holder. I just use a roll of duct tape. Pull the label off and set it on the floor. The tape is sticky enough on the side to hole the roll from sliding around, The center hole is big enough to hold my go mug, or a pop can. The added bonus is that you can use the tape to patch small leaks on bins and where ever.

·
Registered
922 Posts
ok riceman I will bight what is a water fur I remember having a canvase bags with a wooden cork in my younger days I was allways amazed how cool the water seemed is a water fur simalure?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Beer???

Hmmmm.......

Even in the field, just what on Earth are you doing drinking while driving farm equipment?

No, NOT good.

O.K I could see 1 beer being fine, but more then that when your driving farm equipment and your crazy. I know in Germany the law states that anyone that is taking place in a job is allowed 1-2 beer's [500ml-1000ml] a day in any industry expect for law and criminal services
I know this because of trips to fendt factory there allowed to drink beer on the line so long they know there limit and you know what theses people are 10 times happier and a lot more productive and less sick days. [study's in Germany have show it's true] It might sound insane here in North America but it works, so long you don't over due it [safety first]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts