The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has hooked a non case receiver to the AFS pro 600 display. They have a 10 pin connector in the harness and you have to buy a 10 pin to 9 pin RS232 cable for $100.00. All I need to get into the display is the tx signal from the receiver and maybe ground, so unless there is any terminators or funny things I was going to build my own cable. Just need to know what wires are TX, grnd etc.
Also does anyone know where to get a wiring schematics for the cab, just hooked up the cb and wanted to make sure I used the proper power wires.
Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have seen trimble gps used with the 600. All that was needed was an adapter harness, don't know the part #. There is a power wire for a cb on the top right corner of the cab, sometimes it is tucked behind the am/fm radio and you have to pull it out to get to the wire. hydro

·
Registered
1 Posts
10-pin Metripack Connector used for GPS input on MY2007 Flagship Combines
A – Switched B+
B – Clean Ground
C – CAN2 HI
D – CAN2 LO
E – RS232 Tx
F – RS232 Rx
G – PPS out
H – RS232 Ground
J – CAN1 HI
K – CAN2 LO
This is the pin layout for the 8010. I hardwired in a serial cable on mine. The cable that case supplies is a null modem cable so on top of the $100 they charge you also have to buy a serial to null modem adapter when your receiver uses normal serial ports.
I have pdf files from caseih about this but not sure how to attach to this response. Hope this helps you out.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Steigerguy,
That is what I ended up doing as well. Made myself a little null modem cable and plugged it in. When I asked at the dealer for the pinouts did their eyes ever cross, like I was speaking greek to them. If they are going to be running all this electronics they need to get some parts and service backup.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The other side of the coin here is - who designs state of the art GPS equipment that uses antiquated cable technologies? Null modem cables - wow. I thought the world was done with those several years ago. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I would think there are better options out there. USB is the first thing that comes to mind. 4 pins: bi-directional data and has power too. Best of all, no freaky cables to make. Standards are good.

I commend you guys for making your own cables instead of paying an excessive amount for a cable that shouldn't have been that complicated in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts