The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any non DEF issues with 2011 and newer Duramax engines. I've had enough of the poor quality def fluid light on my truck. Back to dealer yesterday for 3rd time in 3 weeks. (maybe 1000KM). Dealer trying there best from what I can see. Over one year powertrain warranty left. Love the truck. Hate stupid DEF crap.:mad:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I had a TCM failure on my 11 and from what I have read it is not uncommon.

Has the dealer given you reasons you are getting poor quality DEF codes?
Have they flushed/replaced the tank and sensor?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
No reasons. They have done it all. Have their best tech on it.
Seems odd if they have done all of that that you would still get that code:confused:
Things like that can be very frustrating:mad:
Might have to push them to replace the tank. Hope they get it solved quick. They are great trucks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The dealership replaced one axle seal & the TCM on mine, I went less than 20,000km before I got sick of the DEF messages, deleted the emissions and never looked back. 130,000km on my truck now, my next truck won't get 100km before I delete.
Did you go with a tuner or EFI live when you deleted.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I used H&S tuning because there was nothing else available, I would like to try motor ops just to see if there is a difference.
There is getting to be a few more options now. So far my 13 has had zero issues with DEF, so until warranty is up or it starts giving issues it will stay, but when the warranty is gone so is the DEF.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
I didn't buy a kit, I bought everything separate because I deleted right when everything was just on the market. I bought a DPF delete exhaust and then had to buy a Cat delete pipe (which really is a DOC delete but most people refer to it as a Cat delete) plus a H&S Mini maxx tuner with the race tuning unlock. You can no longer buy these tuners without some special permit from the EPA. The USA government & the EPA has cracked down on emissions delete and they are harder to find, not impossible tho. For Canadians (such as yourself) you can easily buy a emissions delete tuner from Motorops and then source the exhaust from anywhere. You can buy an EGR delete kit which are a huge PITA to install and not totally required because the tuners turn the EGR off, an EGR blocker plate isn't necessary on the LML unlike earlier Duramax. I also bought an Edge insight to monitor boost & egr temps, its nice to have because you can access all the engine parameters that are not shown on the dash, but its strictly a gauge it makes no changes to the engine. If your planning on running the higher you will want a lift pump if keep from draining the fuel rail, if your running just the tow tunes it may not be as important. Heres what I would recommend if your going to delete

Tuner: LML Duramax Autocal - Tuning
Exhaust: (there is a ton of brands/styles to choose from this is one of them) Flo~Pro | FLO-864 | Flo~Pro 864 4" Aluminized Down Pipe Back Fits 2011-2012 GM 6.6L Duramax LML - Alligator Performance
Lift Pump: Air Dog | ADG-A5SABC110 | AirDog II DF-165 Fits 2011+ 6.6 GM Diesel - Alligator Performance
Edge Insight(not a must have but most people really like them) Edge Products | BKDQ83830 | Edge 83830 Insight CTS Monitor - Alligator Performance

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Wow! Remember the old days when you could buy diesel pickups for around forty grand and you didn't have to pump an additional ten grand into them just to keep them running the day you drove them off the lot?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Wow! Remember the old days when you could buy diesel pickups for around forty grand and you didn't have to pump an additional ten grand into them just to keep them running the day you drove them off the lot?
Ah yes the good old days.... Well you can thank the likes of Al Gore, David Suzuki and the tree huggers of the world for screwing that up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.