The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the normal and high speed flow rates are for the 2388 clean grain elevator? I can't find any reference as to what flow rates they are designed for.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In an effort to keep unnecessary wear to a minimum, I am wondering what the actual flow of bushels per hour each speed is capable of moving. It is easy to check flow rates with the monitor so no point in running the elevator in high if normal is not at full capacity.

My 1680 wouldn't start spilling grain out the fan until you tried to run much over 3400 BPH in dry corn. I wasn't sure that was the elevator limit, it may have been running over the front of the sieve.

My elevator RPM's are listed at 432 Normal and 508 High. What are the older 1680's running at?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Quote:In an effort to keep unnecessary wear to a minimum, I am wondering what the actual flow of bushels per hour each speed is capable of moving. It is easy to check flow rates with the monitor so no point in running the elevator in high if normal is not at full capacity.

My 1680 wouldn't start spilling grain out the fan until you tried to run much over 3400 BPH in dry corn. I wasn't sure that was the elevator limit, it may have been running over the front of the sieve.

My elevator RPM's are listed at 432 Normal and 508 High. What are the older 1680's running at?

Thanks

In my owners manual for an older 1680, it says 500 rpm. I'll try to get a picture of and post for you later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This gets more confusing the deeper I look. Here is what is written in my manual.

-Clean Grain Drive Shaft (Normal Speed).............................. 432 RPM
-Clean Grain Drive Shaft (High Speed).................. 2.82 m/s (508 RPM)
-Clean Grain Conveyor Chain (Normal Speed)....... 2.68 m/s (478 ft/min)
-Clean Grain Conveyor Chain (High Speed)............. 2.91 m/s (574 RPM)

(Those aren't my typo's)

Maybe someone here can decipher these numbers because they just don't add up. Wouldn't it be logical for the paddle chain to move the same distance per revolution no matter what the RPM was?
Aren't the paddle chains and sprockets the same between 1680 thru 2388? I could see the drive chain sprocket and RPM changes but not the actual paddle and sprocket inside the elevator. If they are the same, then the distance per revolution should be the same.

There is no reference as to what normal or high flow actually is. Has anyone ever seen that information?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Quote:This gets more confusing the deeper I look. Here is what is written in my manual.

-Clean Grain Drive Shaft (Normal Speed).............................. 432 RPM
-Clean Grain Drive Shaft (High Speed).................. 2.82 m/s (508 RPM)
-Clean Grain Conveyor Chain (Normal Speed)....... 2.68 m/s (478 ft/min)
-Clean Grain Conveyor Chain (High Speed)............. 2.91 m/s (574 RPM)

(Those aren't my typo's)

Maybe someone here can decipher these numbers because they just don't add up. Wouldn't it be logical for the paddle chain to move the same distance per revolution no matter what the RPM was?
Aren't the paddle chains and sprockets the same between 1680 thru 2388? I could see the drive chain sprocket and RPM changes but not the actual paddle and sprocket inside the elevator. If they are the same, then the distance per revolution should be the same.

There is no reference as to what normal or high flow actually is. Has anyone ever seen that information?

Ya, thats a good one all right. I have no clue why they put meters per second on the shaft speed "high speed". I wonder if we can find that info on the factory site.
Also, I recall my service manual has that info in it, but it is for a 1680. No 2388 references were made in it. Do you have access to a 2388 service manual?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts