The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
holy sh#t shane how the heck did yall get to harvest oats while they were still standing all the oats we harvested around miles was layin flat

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ahhh. A 7720, a very wise Harvester. Hard as Nails to.

As for that pick were you are unloading into that auger. It looks a little bit choked.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey, there. Nice pics! Quite a few years ago, my grandfather sewed s small patch of oats. MAN, did it make a lot of oats! We just about filled a rail road car up with oats! Oats are great feed, but man, I had no clue that so few acres would produce such a bounty.

What kind of production did you experience in the [above] pictured field? Was it a 'normal' year, or 'bad', or 'good'?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:Ahhh. A 7720, a very wise Harvester. Hard as Nails to.

As for that pick were you are unloading into that auger. It looks a little bit choked.

It's not chocked....we just dont't have a funnel for it so what doesn't slide into the auger runs off to the side. It's only a 5" one. We were loading a bin of oat seed for planting next year.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:Hey, there. Nice pics! Quite a few years ago, my grandfather sewed s small patch of oats. MAN, did it make a lot of oats! We just about filled a rail road car up with oats! Oats are great feed, but man, I had no clue that so few acres would produce such a bounty.

What kind of production did you experience in the [above] pictured field? Was it a 'normal' year, or 'bad', or 'good'?

Thanks. We sowed the oats for grazing but the animals didn't need it so we harvested. First time in decades we ever planted it and harvested it. I think it averaged around 60 bu/ac...not bad but not great. I guess I would call it a great year for just being able to get in there and cut since it rained on an off for 3 straight months. Your'e right that oats for great for feeding and grazing...better than wheat.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sneeky picture there, Shame. I am referring to your white Chevy picture. If one looks real close, up in the left corner by the tree, is a round-back 95 or 105.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:holy sh#t shane how the heck did yall get to harvest oats while they were still standing all the oats we harvested around miles was layin flat

Kiley, we got it cut before those rains and winds hit that wiped out everyone elses.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:Very nice pictures Shane. How's the ol' 7720 doin'? Looks like it's still running strong like it's brothers.

Thanks! The 7720 is one of the most reliable peices of machinery of our farm. I can't brag on it enough because of how well it ran this summer after not even using last summer. If we ever decide to upgrade, I hope we keep it around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts