The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
oats knows is an old statement I would not follow that closely anymore. Corn pulls the grains markets now. I have not been more wrong about the market than I have this year. Just contracted 15K bushels of HRS wheat Tuesday. Has been clumbing steady since, has been going crazy. I figured it would drop for the rest of the week. Only thing I did that looks smart at the moment was do a basis contract for Febuary at 1.10. They would not go out till next harvest at that basis. My simple marketing is 2 rules, 1. when you contract, hope it goes up. 2. When the price is good, the price is good. Be happy with it. Mostly mental rules so I don't try to hit the top. That seems to force farmers into selling at bad times since they never really hit the top. My opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
That depends a lot. About $4-9 depending on the grade of the wheat. Scales on spring wheat are crazy at the moment. They find a reason to dock they do, some worse than others. Just contracted some 14.4% HRS with low DHV on Tuesday. Looking to get $6.60 when the check is written. January delivery. When pricing that went down to around $5 depending on were I would have sold it at.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
futures and cash both are terrible.
ya true but we can grow beans for $10.- and make a profit but haven't sold beans for the money for the last couple years since now. Its really hard take make a price when your just a price taker.

·
Registered
81 Posts
"gentlemen don't trade oats" and "oats are a viper pit." - Statements from seasoned high level traders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.